Chapter 4: The Beginning of a Larger Fight - part I

Lan WangJi was both dying and living. Dying, because he couldn't hold the love of his life and pepper him with kisses. Living, because Wei WuXian was blissfully innocent and happy with no burden of guilt and death hiding in his heart.

He watched as Wei WuXian bounced from stall to stall, Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi simply coexisiting and following along. The two future brother-in-laws did not speak to one another, nor spare a glance, eyes fixed on the one thing they agreed on.

Wei WuXian.

"Lan Zhan, Lan Zhan! You've been here before, tell me, where can I get some food?" Wei WuXian beamed.

Lan WangJi nodded, "Spicy?"

Wei WuXian's eyes sparkled, "Lan Zhan! I take it back, you really are a good person,"

Lan WangJi shook his head fondly, guiding the brothers into a restaurant. Technically, he's never been here before. But- But- in the future, Wei WuXian enjoyed this place. They took a table outside and Lan WangJi ordered some simple dishes that wasn't too heavy for them to digest.

While they waited for food, Wei WuXian chattered, Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi giving their full attention. Wei WuXian halted mid sentence, glancing between both boys with a confused smile, "Why are you two staring at me so intently?"

"We're just listening," Jiang Cheng shrugged.

Wei WuXian raised an eyebrow, "What the hell happened when you two vanished? You're both weird and acting...different,"

"Different how?"

"Uh- Lan Zhan, you're talking to me and actually hanging out with me and being nice and stuff," Wei WuXian identified, "And Jiang Cheng, you've been calling me A-Xian, worrying about me and checking with me. It's weird,"

Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng both winced slightly. They knew their behavior was different than what had really happened, because technically, though their bodies and skills were 15- their minds were still those of adults and survivors of war and regret.

Neither of them were hesitant to show their emotions anymore. They knew that many things could be better if their families and friends could all communicate better. Miscommunication was the core of many problems in the first timeline. It could be avoided this time.

Lan WangJi spoke, "Wei Ying, I have been unfair to you. I was...thinking and had to understand a few things,"

"What things?" Wei WuXian asked curiously.

Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes, looking away from both of the lovers, but keeping his ears trained on the conversation.

"Not many people approach me. I was startled, " Lan WangJi informed, "I did not know how to react because you are...not what I am used too,"

Wei WuXian's smile widened a bit, "Is it bad?"

Lan WangJi shook his head smiling back, and watching Wei WuXian's eyes widen with delight at the new expression.

"not bad,"

"Wonderful! Lovebirds, stop flirting now. I'm here too, " Jiang Cheng spoke up.

Wei WuXian sputtered, hitting Jiang Cheng's arm, "Shut up!"

Lan WangJi did not react, being unfazed of showing his love publicly. He was sure to let everyone know that Wei WuXian was his husband, and that if anyone touched him...they would face Lan WangJi.

And Lan WangJi was a force to be reckoned with.

The food arrived and the three of them began to eat, Wei WuXian once again talking. But this time, Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi were more involved. Mostly because the silver-eyed male was asking them questions. Lots of questions.