Chapter 78: Loyalty - part I

It wasn't a smooth ending to the war as one would probably have expected. The YunmengJiang Sect had quickly set out to work, gathering the war prisoners. Those without golden cores, children, elderly, disabled, and women who were not cultivators, were placed under direct protection and under temporary living space of any spare housing. A few men and females who knew handy work, helped with rebuilding Lotus Pier.

At first, the shift had been extremely suspicious, not many of the prisoners trusted them right away. But after given jobs, most of them working at Wei WuXian's orphanage or in shops that offered them pay, it only took about two months before those innocent realized that the sect surrounded by water wasn't out to harm them due to surnames.

This was also supported by almost everyone recognizing Wen Qing, who assured that they could trust the Jiang sect and that she trusted them. They had found a few of the DafanWen members, Wen Qing, ecstatic at the fact. Those she confirmed were from her clan and were offered positions with the YunmengJiang medics.

Though it would take almost a full year for the entire pier, which had grown considerably in size due to the new residents, to be fully rebuilt, it wouldn't be impossible. Wei WuXian also had an idea to let the young children of the Wen remnants to train under YunmengJiang as disciples, but this idea was still being debated with the sect elders.

Actual war prisoners that were fought in the war were put under trial and golden cores were sealed permanently, before being put into labor. They were put into mines, farming, and rebuilding of YunmengJiang. A few war soldiers who had complete loyalty to the QishanWen Sect spat on Wen Qing upon realizing she was there and giving her loyalty and knowledge to another sect, PLUS killing Wen Ruohan. These soldiers were kept in dungeons or executed, a few even sent to QingHe.

It was safe to say when the gossip of how YunmengJiang was handling the prisoners, there was a mixture of shock and respect. For a sect that had been almost burned and killed off by the Wen Sect, they were still quite fair and reasonable. However, there were many that did not understand. There was even rumors of a few minor sects who had suffered largely due to QishanWen demanded that all and every Wen be killed.

These rumors were quieted down the moment Yu ZiYuan had announced all innocent Wen Remnants were under direct protection of the main clan. That meant, they were under the protection of Wei WuXian and no one wanted to even mess with the demonic cultivator. The rumors had also been growing about him and Wei WuXian was getting tired of it.

Thankfully, the people who had practically watched Wei WuXian grow since coming to Yunmeng, the Jiang disciples, and Wen remnants ignored all of them, any rumors getting shot down by natives of Lotus Pier. The rumors were also shot down by the GusuLan main clan, the two Nie brothers and Meng Yao. Jin ZiXuan, himself, also corrected any rumors he heard around Koi Tower, though Lanling was gossip central.

As of the current moment, Wei WuXian was returning from a visit to the orphanage, bowing with his head to anyone who greeted him. The Wen remnants had grown quite comfortable with him in the last four months, though the majority of the DafanWen Clan was still missing, despite the bodies from the original village already being buried a couple miles away from the town where a graveyard was located. Most of Lotus Pier's residents were buried there, so the graves were protected enough to avoid vandalization.

"A-Qing, I'm sorry, I wish I could be of more help," he heard a man sigh and glanced over to see Wen Qing talking with a man who helped with architecture and rebuilding.

Wei WuXian saw the medic in purple sigh sadly, nodding, "It's alright, only a few people have heard of the others,"

Wei WuXian cleared his throat, "Qing-Jie,"