Chapter 82: Loyalty - part V

The following morning was a dim mood, even the sky was cloudy and gray. The previous day's events were still fresh on everyone's mind, especially as they sat in the inn room, glancing towards the still asleep male.

Jiang Fengmian walked into the room, giving Wen Qing and Wen Ning a friendly smile, "TengFei and BingWen set off with the remnants. They'll be at Lotus Pier by tomorrow afternoon,"

The two Wen siblings stood up and bowed. Wen Qing spoke firmly, "Thank you, Sect Leader Jiang. We will never forget kindness,"

Yu ZiYuan gave her a look, "You've been kind as well,"

"Yes," Nie MingJue agreed, "My father, the disciples during the indoctrination, and you've helped WuXian out multiple times,"

Jiang Yanli added to her sworn brother, smiling at the two, "You were there for my brother when we couldn't be. You will forever have my debt,"

"Young Master Wei was kind," Wen Ning smiled, eyes flickering to Wei WuXian, "He still is. Without him, I do not know what would happen,"

Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng exchanged subtle eye contact. Jin ZiXuan sighed, "Mother is managing Koi Tower, while I'm away. And, I know it might not be much coming from me, but I feel awful for what my Father and cousin said yesterday,"

Nie Huaisang looked at the golden robed male, "You shouldn't have to apologize for them, Jin-xiong,"

"And WuXian shouldn't have been drinking himself to the point he did, but here we are," Jin ZiXuan frowned.

Lan Xichen sighed, "Lady Wen, is there any update?"

"Especially about his spiritual energy," Jiang Cheng muttered.

Wen Qing shook her head, "Thankfully, his core is still there, perfectly sealed still and still fractured. And it is pulsing spiritual energy, but I could barely feel it and had to imply my own spiritual energy into his meridians to even get a small indignation,"

Jiang Yanli picked up from here, "And without A-Xian telling us what happened last night, let alone why he was in such a terrible shape with no trace of spiritual energy, we can't figure out what is going on properly. A-Xian might be feeling things that could be terrible,"

"Not to mention that we all know Wei Ying has been hiding something for four months," Lan WangJi frowned, "That's exactly after he almost died from Qi deviation and the end of the war,"

"A-Ying should be-"

"...ngh,"

They all whipped their heads towards the bed where Wei WuXian was laying, the eyes open now. His eyebrows were furrowed in pain, a hangover from the amount of alcohol he consumed the night before. Wen Qing, Wen Ning, and Jiang Yanli all moved towards him, the boy pouring out some tea and the two girls looking at Wei WuXian softly.

"A-Xian, you're awake," Jiang Yanli smiled.

Wei WuXian looked at her and blinked. He then turned his eyes to Wen Qing. After some silence he muttered, "Head hurts,"

"With the amount of liquor you consumed, I'm not surprised," Wen Qing rolled her eyes, "A-Ning is making tea,"

Wei WuXian frowned, "Liquor? I-" he paused, eyes growing wide as everything crashed over his head.

Then, he sucked in a harsh breath before letting out a defeated laugh. His eyes closed and he covered his face with one hand, "fuck,"

Wen Ning walked over, holding the tea, "Young Master Wei, sit up and drink this. It'll help with your headache,"