Chapter 63: Wish

When Jiang Cheng opened his eyes, the first thing he saw were the faces of his parents. They were staring at him with worry and nervousness. Jiang Cheng blinked and then everything came back to him.

Wei WuXian.

Wei WuXian had left.

"GEGE!!!" Jiang Cheng yelled, sitting up and looking around the carriage, which he realized had stopped. His brother was nowhere except the brown sheathe of Suiban and the jade rabbit in Jiang Cheng's palm.

"A-Cheng..." Yu ZiYuan said pitifully, "A-Cheng, we've arrived in QingHe, but we need to get inside quickly,"

Jiang Cheng stared at the jade rabbit and closed his eyes painfully. Placing it in his sleeve, he grabbed Suiban and carried it in his hand. His father had said nothing, but he gripped Jiang Cheng firmly for comfort.

'He knocked them out too...'

"Thank you," Jiang Fengmian looked at Uncle Fu, who nodded and pointed towards an incoming part of Nie disciples.

Seeing them, Jiang Cheng noticed a few from the indoctrination. He inhaled sharply, "Maybe...maybe he's already here?"

His parents gave him worried looks, but Jiang Cheng clung onto hope. His brother had promised he wouldn't let their family separate. He promised. Jiang Cheng waved to the Nie disciples, showing his bell. They at once gasped before looking relieved and quickly led them towards QingHe.

The inside was bustling and Jiang Cheng was relieved when he saw a few Jiang disciples and purple robes. The three Jiang's were led into the main hall, opening the doors where familiar faces were. Nie MingJue, Nie Huaisang, Jin ZiXuan, Lan HuiLang, Lan Xichen, and...

"A-LI!"

"A-JIE!"

Jiang Yanli ran forward, the four of them embracing tightly, before Yu ZiYuan winced from her wound and Jiang Cheng pulled his sister back. But then there was that question, "Wait- where's A-Xian?"

Silence.

Jiang Cheng stepped back from his sister, eyes glossing over, "H-he's coming...he has to be..."

Nie Huaisang startled, "What? Where is Wei-xiong?

"He..." Jiang Cheng swallowed and the words fell out.

He explained everything that happened at the pier. How they escaped. He explained the wounds, Wen Ning. He told how the Wen's protected and hid them until there was news of QishanWen's searching for us. He told of the carriage and how they were getting tailed. He told them what Wei WuXian did and how Jiang Cheng tried to stop him. He told them he only remembers seeing him jump out before waking up in QingHe.

Jin ZiXuan closed his eyes in defeat, Nie Huaisang hiding in his brother's arms and shaking. Lan Xichen was pained, and Lan HuiLang had placed a hand on both the sect leaders shoulders. Jiang Yanli had a hand over her mouth and tears were falling.

Nie MingJue tried, "WuXian is a strong cultivator. Now....I think we all should get some rest, Sect Leader Jiang, Madam Yu, I will send a healer to your room,"

"I don't need rest," Jiang Cheng denied, "I need to start searching for A-Xian,"

"You can look for him after you rest," Lan HuiLang sighed.

Jiang Cheng was about to refute before he realized someone was missing. His voice came out strained, "Where's WangJi?"

Everyone sucked in breaths. Everyone knew how protective Lan WangJi was and they'd seen the second Jade fret while the Jiang's were missing. But now...