Chapter 53:The Flute of Youth

Wei WuXian woke up the most well rested and comfortable for the last week. He wasn't alone in bed, surprisingly enough. Lan WangJi, was beside him, obviously awake, but still laid in bed. Wei WuXian could feel the other's large hands brushing his hair and the soft hum of WangXian.

"Lan Zhan?" Wei WuXian called, lifting his head up to meet the golden orbs.

"Wei Ying, are you awake?" Lan WangJi asked softly.

"Mhm!" Wei WuXian nodded with a lazy smile, draping himself over the boy, and placing his chin on Lan WangJi's chest to smile at him, "Best sleep we've got for a week!"

Lan WangJi smiled, "You woke up early,"

Wei WuXian's eyes widened and he sat up, "No way!"

Scrambling out of bed, he pulled open the window in his room, peering his head out and searching for the sun. Behind him, he heard Lan WangJi get up from bed and walk over. Wei WuXian was weak to suppress the smile that blossomed when the older hugged from behind. Finally finding the sun, Wei WuXian's eyes widened, "It is early! Er-Gege, when did we sleep last night?"

"Around 11,"

Wei WuXian did the math in his head, "So it's like 8 right now?"

"Mn," Lan WangJi hummed, turning the other around to kiss him softly, "Good morning,"

Wei WuXian giggled, hugging Lan WangJi's neck and mumbling against the other's mouth, "Good Morning, fiance,"

Lan WangJi tightened his grip, hiding his smile in the youngers hair. Wei WuXian laughed, until recalling something, "Ah! We have to tell Uncle and Auntie that we're engaged, huh?"

Lan WangJi looked at him, "...I suppose,"

Wei WuXian snickered at the expression, "You can't marry me without our families knowing we're engaged, fuddy-duddy!"

Lan WangJi nodded, knowing this very well. It was only a year after the Guanyin Temple that Wei WuXian and him got married. First there was the aftermath of everything, then convincing his entire sect to let Wei WuXian stay with him. Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng's relationship being mended and helping Jin Ling get control of the Jin sect. Then they had to tell his brother(plus Uncle) and Jiang Cheng they wanted to get married, despite the couple already living and sleeping together. Jiang Cheng and Lan Qiren only allowed it after they made an official engagement ceremony and announcement

"Shall we go and tell them now?" Lan WangJi suggested.

"I want to wash up first and ask about all the disciples staying at Lotus Pier. We can tell them when the opportunity presents itself," Wei WuXian grinned, stepping from Lan WangJi to open the door and ask a servant to send two tubs for them.

Lan WangJi closed the window again, spending the rest of the time as they waited being, as Jiang Cheng would've called it, "lovey-dovey". When the two servants came in with the tubs, they blushed embarrassed to find their senior disciple with flushed cheeks and swollen lips, but they knew better than to mention it. Wei WuXian had no filter on his mouth.

Bowing goodbye and informing Wei WuXian of Jiang Fengmian's order to serve all the visiting disciples in their rooms, except for the Yunmeng brothers, Twin Jades, Nie Huaisang, and Jin ZiXuan, who were requested to come to the Sword's Hall for breakfast, the servant quickly left the room.

With the request in mind, Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian quickly washed up, dressing in the robes provided for them. All their sect robes had been washed the night before, Lan WangJi wasn't sure when or how servants had taken them, but he had learned to never ask questions of how they did what they did. Wei WuXian took Suiban, strapping it to his waist and grabbing the brown flute, taking it from its case and placing it in his sleeve, "They'll never let me get out of it,"