Chapter 57: Sacrifice

Wen Qing truly was the best medic. She had tended to the wounds and made sure to check all of them everyday. They never met other people, Wen Ning telling them it was for security reasons, which made sense. Over the course of the days, Wen Qing did get more comfortable around them - this may also be the help of Wei WuXian and Wen Ning, the two completely hitting it off. Wei WuXian and Wen Qing spoke of a few things, mostly the female scolding Wei WuXian with Jiang Cheng. Jiang Cheng and Wen Qing would sit and talk about things, Jiang Cheng asking for some scrolls and tips he could share to his sister.

It was a wonderful surprise when Wen Qing smiled hearing Jiang Yanli learning healing. She had heard of the elegant MingLong Yi, telling Jiang Cheng she was sure Jiang Yanli would be a talented healer. Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng also talked with Wen Ning, helping the boy with archery as they had promised when they first met, and some peaceful cultivation to enhance his core.

Yu ZiYuan and Jiang Fengmian also were quick to accept the help, trusting the DafanWen's and asking Wen Qing a bit more about the oppression Wen Ruohan enforced on them. Wen Qing spoke a bit hesitantly, until fully trusting them and knowing they wanted to help. She knew the fate of her clan would be confirmed due to the rising rebellion and outrage pouring from the other Sect's once the attack on Yunmeng spread. She knew there was a war coming.

On the seventh day, things changed.

Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng were talking in the room, Yu ZiYuan and Jiang Fengmian meditating as per Wen Qing's instructions. Their wounds were much better than before, but Wen Qing hadn't given them the clearance to fight yet, saying it was risky.

The doors slid open and Wen Qing burst in, "You must leave, now!"

They all looked at her surprised, seeing Wen Ning rush in slightly pale. Jiang Cheng felt terror choke, "What's wrong?"

"A scout found Wen Chao and Wen Xu heading towards us. You only have minutes," Wen Ning informed.

"You have to go!" Wen Qing ordered, now fear in her voice.

Her family. The DafanWens. If they were caught here, there would be no mercy. At once, the four Jiang's stood up. Wen Qing pulled out three pouches, handing them to Yu ZiYuan, "These two are medications and medicine you might need. The third is for Lady Jiang. It will help her medical training,"

Yu ZiYuan placed them in her sleeves and shockingly, pulled Wen Qing into a protective hug. She patted the female's head, pulling back and smiling, "Thank you, Lady Wen. We will not forget your kindness,"

"There's a carriage set for you," Wen Ning informed, "I'm sorry, I w-wish we had more time,"

Wei WuXian hugged the younger tightly, "It's okay. Thank you, we must go,"

Wen Ning and Wen Qing led them out, making sure they had everything. The four were surprised to see someone waiting for them on the carriage. It was a covered one with two horses pulling it. Sitting with the reins was an old man. Wen Ning began to explain, "This is Uncle Fu. He's a merchant who has helped bring us food and medical supplies since we took charge of this place. He's trustworthy,"

"Sect Leader Jiang, Madam Yu, Young Masters. Hurry inside, we don't have time and QingHe is quite the distance," Uncle Fu told them.

"QingHe?" Wei WuXian repeated, confused.

Wen Qing explained as the four entered the carriage, sitting down with the boxes of supplies and hay, "After Yunmeng's destruction, the sects of Jin, Nie, and Lan, were enraged as the news spread and your disciples made it to the three sects to safety. As this happened, the first two days were very tense until word spread that the Wen Sect were hunting you down, meaning you all were alive. There's a rebellion against the Wen Sect happening. It was announced yesterday, the same time QingHe was taken back due to a large attack. The SunShot Campaign,"