Chapter 46: The Tortoise of Slaughter

"Nobody move! If anyone dares, I might spill some of your second young masters blood!!!" Wei WuXian exclaimed.

In fear, Wen Chao yelled, "Stop moving! Stop moving!!"

Everybody froze, staring towards Wei WuXian. Wen Zhuliu was about to jump but Wei WuXian brought the blade closer to Wen Chao's neck, "Core Melting Hand, that includes you,"

Wen Zhuliu paused, staring back at Wen Xu, who had unsheathed his own sword, "Wei WuXian, do you know what you're doing?"

Wei WuXian smirked, "Dare to try me, Young Master?"

Wen Chao squawked, "Everybody listen to Young Master Wei! Brother, order them back!"

Wen Xu lifted his head, "Fall back,"

The Wen soldiers stepped back two steps, everyone still on edge. A few of the Wen soldiers had lost their weapons to the disciples, the group on edge and holding the swords firmly. Wei WuXian smiled seeing the situation, before gasping in surprise as the ground began to move.

"A-Cheng! Earthquake?" Wei WuXian called.

Jiang Cheng looked at him eyes wide, "No,"

Wei WuXian blinked, before hearing Jiang Cheng warn, "A-Xian, the islet beneath you!"

A loud roar shook the cave and everybody froze. Wei WuXian quickly covered Wen Chao's mouth as the islet they were on shook more and the sound of water echoed. All the disciples and soldiers stepped back as a large and long neck/head rose from the water. The beast's coal-black head resembles both a snake and a tortoise, with a long neck exiting the shell, which was the islet. The beast had awakened due to Wei WuXian jumping on it, the senior disciple not daring to make a sound or even move. The eye lids cracked open and Wen Chao trembled at the sight. The beast's eyes were golden, with slit pupils. Steam shot from its nostrils, the head weaving around and looking side to side.

Lan WangJi spoke softly, enough to be undetected by the monster, but Wei WuXian's hearing easily picked up on the words, "It's eyesight is bad. It can't see us,"

Holding their breaths, Wei WuXian stared right at the beast as the head turned to look towards him. Slowly, the head moved near them sniffing around. Wen Chao took this moment to be a nuisance. He pulled away Wei WuXian's hand and yelled, "SAVE ME!!"

"That idiot!!" Jiang Cheng spat as his brother shoved Wen Chao away, while jumping up and avoiding an attack. Wei WuXian used the sword to try and attack the beast, only to find out that the sword barely made a mark against the thick skin.

"Shit!" He yelled, jumping back again.

"WuXian!" Lan Xichen called, jumping up.

Wei WuXian jumped in that direction, the older grabbing his robes and pulling him back to the ground with the rest of them. Wen Xu ordered, "Fight it! Kill it!!"

The disciples all rushed back, the Wen soldiers that brought bows with them stepping forward and pulling the bows back. Firing arrows at the beast did absolutely nothing, no damage the arrows just bouncing off. It was chaos in the cave, disciples avoiding the monsters attacks and the Wen soldiers who were ordered to attack the disciples again.

Wei WuXian spotted a bow and three arrows on the ground, jumping over and and nocking all three arrows into place. He pulled back, aiming at the monster before hearing a scream. He glanced over to see Mianmian held down by two guards and Wang LingJiao heating up her iron brand.

"Hold her still!"

Glancing at the other disciples, he saw the Twin Jades, his brother, and Jin ZiXuan fighting against the Wen soldiers and busy with the monster. Cursing, he turned around and aimed towards the three Wen's, firing at them as he burst into a dash. Two arrows hit the guards, releasing Mianmian, the other hitting the iron brand. Wang LingJiao fell from shock, throwing the iron brand towards Mianmian who screamed. Wei WuXian quickly stood in front of her, the hot metal piercing straight onto his chest, "GAH!!"