Chapter 67: In our Arms you are Safe

After arriving back to Yunmeng, it was already the next day. Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng had already sent a butterfly back to have their friends and family be waiting in the Sword's Hall for them. Wei WuXian rode with Jiang Cheng to both Lan WangJi and Jiang Cheng's confusion, the boy saying he hadn't used a sword in so long and was a bit tired.

It still didn't shake off the confusion Jiang Cheng had. Why would his brother want to fly with him instead of Lan WangJi, who Wei WuXian had barely gone close to? If Lan WangJi was confused, he didn't say it but Jiang Cheng caught the small slips of hurt here and there.

Sighing, he took his brother on Sandu and they headed to Yunmeng. Landing outside the swords hall, Jiang Cheng couldn't help but feel giddy. He rushed forward and threw open the doors screaming at the startled group, "WE FOUND A-XIAN!"

Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi had barely reached the steps before, bodies ran out and the two paused. Jiang Yanli gasped when she caught sight of her brother, rushing forward, "XianXian!!"

Wei WuXian stepped back at the sight of everyone startled, but couldn't avoid his sister throwing himself at him. Wei WuXian grunted, stumbling back a few steps before a hand touched his back. He at once stiffened and the hand quickly let go, along with Jiang Yanli stepping back worriedly, despite the tears, "A-Xian? Are you alright? I'm sorry, have I sh-"

Wei WuXian cut her off, "S-shijie?"

Oh.

Everyone paused and looked surprised. Wei WuXian hadn't even realized who was hugging him. Jiang Yanli smiled and nodded, reaching up and brushing out the hair from her brothers face, "Shijie was so scared...we heard you land and fall. We heard Wen Chao throw you-"

Wei WuXian's eyes widened and he looked at everyone, "You heard me hit the ground?"

Nie MingJue nodded solemnly, "Yes, we did,"

Wei WuXian looked at his sister with regret and threw himself forward, hugging her tightly. Jiang Yanli sobbed, gripping him just as hard, "Sh, sh, I'm here. I'm okay, I'm alive. Shijie, I'm okay,"

He glanced up and motioned for Jiang Fengmian and Yu ZiYuan. The two quickly joined the embrace, Jiang Cheng jumping in as well. All four Jiangs hugged Wei WuXian tightly, listening to the boy repeat, "I'm okay, I'm okay. I'm right here,"

After a while, they finally stepped back, faces tears stained. Even Wei WuXian had a few tear tracks. Jin ZiXuan smiled, "Good to see you again, smartass,"

Wei WuXian smiled, "Back at you, peacock. You better have been nice to my sister!"

"Which one?" Nie Huaisang laughed, "Lady Wen or Da-Jie?"

Wei WuXian's face turned blank, "What?"

"Seems A-Zhan and Wanyin forgot to tell you," Lan HuiLang laughed.

"Four days ago, they found Lady Wen and brought her here to protect and find the rest of her clan," Lan Xichen informed.

"Found her?" Wei WuXian repeated, "what do you mean?"

"She was in a dungeon," Jiang Fengmian explained.

"What about Wen Ning?" Wei WuXian looked scared.

"We're helping her find him-"

"W-where is she?!" Wei WuXian demanded, cutting Jiang Yanli off.

"Here," A voice announced and the group glanced over to see Wen Qing walked towards them, "I was attending to-"

"QING-JIE!!" Wei WuXian basically screamed and he ran, startling everyone.

Wen Qing's whole demeanor changed into shock as Wei WuXian hugged her. She hugged him back, grunting in surprise when Wei WuXian's knees gave in and he fell to the floor dragging her with him. Tucked into her embrace, everyone saw Wei WuXian shaking and Wen Qing's growing concern, "Wei Ying?"