Chapter 89: Golden Lotus

So, remember when I said I was going to finish the outline before writing a chapter and uploading it, I lied. I wrote the outline for the wedding and just HAD to write it and upload it. But I still am finishing the outline before I can write the next part...which means y'all are stuck with the ending of this for awhile lmao!

The day had finally come.

Red and gold decor had flooded the roads and streets of Lotus Pier and the sect residence, the purple almost nonexistent. Koi Tower was no better, the already gorgeous tower dazzling with rubies as well as gold.

Lotus Pier was already bustling by the time the first rays of sunlight stretched from the clouds. The sky was a beautiful hue of blue, only a few white cotton balls dotted around. The wind was light and the temperature was warm. The birds were singing along to the laughter and excited chatter of the humans they flew above. With every splash of red and gold, various patterns and animals and flowers stroked across the fabric, the characters of ShuangXi were prominent.

But it was important, of course! How could the character of double happiness not be included on such a day, a day of celebration and unity! Of family and love! It was none other than the wedding of Young Lady Jiang and Young Master Jin!

Jiang Yanli had woken early that morning in order to get ready. She had relished in the peaceful time, just laying in the bed of red and gold, her eyes drifting from all the decorations of the bedroom. It was not her usual one, no. This was her Mother's previous room before she had moved in with Jiang Fengmian. It was a large room and elegant. Jiang Yanli only rose from the bed when Yu ZiYuan, Wen Qing, Jinzhu and Yinzhu entered from the doors, here to help her. They quickly set up a bath in the extremely large tub. The tub was not filled with water, but rather milk and a few Lotus Flowers floating in the fluid. There were multiple other herbs crushed and added for a more lovely scent and worship, the sides of the tub painted in red and gold with various sigils of good fortune.

As Jiang Yanli sat in the tub and bathed, Wen Qing and the twins were working with the other servant girls in pulling out the robes Jiang Yanli would wear today. They pulled out everything, except for her shoes, which had been given to Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng as it was a common tradition for the bride's family to hide her shoes for her groom to find, before he met her and brought her to the bridal sedan. Of course, the two brothers had also set up a few other challenges for Jin ZiXuan. Behind Jiang Yanli was Yu ZiYuan, the female assisting in washing her daughter's hair, adding her own touches of spiritual energy to the lotion.

Jiang Yanli's bath was much longer than her usual one, having it be milk rather than just water and soap. After she had finally completed, she stood up and stepped onto the bamboo mat as Yu ZiYuan handed her a thin pale purple robe made with silk. After she had been dried except for her hair, the two females stepped from behind the screen. Jiang Yanli was guided towards the dresser, sitting down in front of a bronze mirror.

The twins quickly moved forward, activating a talisman created by Wei WuXian, to dry down the black locks, while also applying some hair medicine to keep Jiang Yanli's hair shiny and silky. This had been made by Wen Qing.

Speaking of the medic, Wen Qing walked in front of Jiang Yanli, smiling teasingly, "How beautiful, you don't even need makeup or lotion! You're already glowing!"

Jiang Yanli blushed softly at the words gifted to her from the girl she had grown to consider a sister, before sending back, "Perhaps when you marry A-Cheng, we'll see if you require any makeup,"

Wen Qing's cheeks turn red and she sputters, whining at the sentence. As she does this, she dips her hand softly into a cream bottle and begins to spread the lotion evenly on Jiang Yanli's face. Once Jiang Yanli's hair had completely dried and Wen Qing had finished applying the cream, Yu ZiYuan announced, "Time for the robes,"