Chapter 5: The heist Part 1

Reese

"This is SOOO cool I'm never allowed to play at non-family parties," I say, bouncing up and down as Frankie guides me on. I can mostly see if I keep my glasses on (I keep forgetting and taking them off). We've hiked through the forest, and around the beach, and now we're at the infinity pool overlooking the south rocky beach. Partiers are already singing and dancing, but there's no live band. Not yet. And I don't even have to follow Penny's list of acceptable music since she isn't gonna be near by. This is going to be the Greatest. The Greatest. I love that song. That's what I'm playing. On repeat. "This is awesome. My dad never lets me play anywhere fun."

"Is that not because you hypnotize people with your music?" Frankie asks.

"Yes, yes it is, into giving him all their money or just falling into a coma," Ari says, messing up my hair, "I'm off. Fuck shit up and don't die."

"I won't---here, plug up your ear," I say. We all have earbuds so we can talk throughout the heist. That's only in one ear though.

"What are you gonna make them do?" Frankie asks.

"Just dance. Just keep watch for me," I say, swinging my guitar around to my front.

"I've got your back," she say, squeezing my shoulder.

"And amp it up slowly. I have eyes on Maddy but no fleece. I can't question people if they're delirious," Jason hisses over the earbuds.

"I spy. With my little eye. Something beginning with---H."

"This is not a game!" Jason growls. That was, of course, Ev.

"A horse?" Penny, naturally.

"Stop using the coms to play, and get to work, the sooner we're in and out, the better. We don't need to be noticed," Jason hisses.

"Then stop talking into your ear James Bond," Cassian says.

"Right. Tell me if they say anything important," I say, taking out my comm.

"Believe me. They won't," Ari says.