Chapter 34: The second heist Part 7

Maddy

"Just go upstairs! I'll handle them," I say, to Abe. If only he would go.

"Like you handled them before?" he scoffs, "Stick to being porn for lonely white boys. At least we found your talents, right?"

I fight back the tears that always come. And he walks back out onto the patio to watch the fight going on on the tarmac. What am I gonna do? I want him and my dad distracted while I leave.

"How's it going?" a grotesque ten year old walks in, covered in blood, and holding a chainsaw like it's a new water-pistol. He's thoroughly bizarre, wearing a suit jacket over a red Argonauts t-shirt, dress pants, and shiny red shoes. His hair is nicely cut and slicked back, and he's wearing the cutest little skull bolo. His eyes are strange, two different colors entirely, one a sickly algae green the other a haunted crystal blue. More significantly though he is covered in blood and holding a chainsaw.

"You're one of the Argonauts," I say, remembering him, "Zag?"

"That's me. Are you okay, miss?" He frowns, "We got the other guards locked in the hanger. I'm sure Jason will get the fleece."

"Yeah, okay um--," I don't know what to say.  How am I going to distract them?

"Would you like any help?" he asks politely.

"Actually----could I borrow your chainsaw?"