Chapter 15: My dad is so weird

Alexander

"Fabulous residence how may I recommend you never call again?"

"Hi, Gerard it's me, Alex. Me and Anise got falsely arrested and our dad is across the street making out with a Titan and not bailing us out because he's mad at us---- can you cover for us with the Evil One? She said she'd spell us silent for three days if we got arrested again."

"I understood every word in that sentence it's terrifying---yeah, sweetie obviously I'm going to cover for you with your grandma. Do you need me to come and get you?"

"No, dad'll come up for air eventually. Where's grandpa?" I ask.

"Your grandfather or his parent that you all also call grandpa despite being nicely asked not to?"

"Either."

"Not around, something about a giant snake? I hate snakes so I said 'yes you clever people deal with that'. Is Bronte with you by any chance?"

"She is, actually."

"Good. I texted her last night and she said not to worry so naturally I worried. Are you sure you don't need to be picked up?"

"Positive. Our dad will miss us eventually. Anyway, can you tell either grandpa I called? I want to ask them how to kill a dragon 'cause I really want to."

"I am preemptively saying you are not allowed to do that, but I will tell them to call you. You take care now. I'm going to tell your father to go collect you."

"I'm positive he's blocked your calls."

"Oh, I am too."