Chapter 6: The heist Part 2

Ev

"I spy, with my little eye, something beginning with----G."

"A game?"

"No."

"A gyrometric?"

"I don't know what that is, so no."

"A-----gargoyle."

"Oh, that does begin with g. So I'll count it. Yes. There are gargoyles in this room," I know we're supposed to be stealing fleece. I am looking for fleece. But as much as it pains me to say it ---I am my father's child. There are lots of pretty shiny rich people things that they won't even notice are gone. Like watches. And pieces of jewelry that should be locked up.

"What was it though?" Penny asks, in my comm. She's waiting in the woods to come in case things go south. She's not a fan of flashing lights and parties so she reluctantly agreed to wait with Hugh as back up for if (Hugh said when) we needed saving.

"A grape which sounds stupid now, who keeps grapes by their bed?" I ask.

"Should you two be talking? Shut up, Hugh, why do you care," Hugh's been taking breaks from the chat for his sanity. Yet he's still talking to himself.

"I am an innocent party goer who is stumbling around being drunk. And non-binary," I say, looking under a bed. Those shoes are so expensive. Should I take them? Nope they don't fit in my bag. Stick to shiny things.

"Are you drinking?" Penny asks.

"No. Of course not. That would disappoint my mother," I explain.

"That---and your mother would not be disappointed by this entire experience?" Hugh asks.

"Nah, not really. Okay, next room. That fleece has to be somewhere," I say.

"Aren't there security cameras?" Hugh asks, tiredly.

"Cassian's on that," Penny tells him.