Chapter 17: I'm bored

Anise

"Yo, what did you do?"

"It's Anise, Uncle Thyme, not Phin," I say, assuming he thought his son was calling for jail.

"Oh cool what are you in for? Do you need a ride? I'm not in the country I assume you're in but I have contacts—,"

"No, I'm good. My dad's tongue will get tried eventually—,"

"The connection is bad but I'm gonna ask you to repeat that."

"He's making out with someone on the hood of a car that doesn't belong to either of them."

"And that's basically  what I thought you meant. Anyway, what's up?"

"I was wondering, if you had to kill a dragon, how would you do it?"

"I mean, I'm a huge fan of blowing things up not gonna lie—it's typically effective. Missiles are cool. So are nuclear warheads. If you needed explosives I have a guy—but you might want to check with your aunts. My sisters are kind of the experts in what does and doesn't ---I don't know—damage unworldly stuff. You should probably call Dara. Wait, who's your dad making out with---? Because I haven't given him shit at all lately and I need material—,"

"I can't tell. It looks like a homeless person," I say, frowning as I try to look through the smudged windows of the station.

"No material there, it would be mean. Damn. Okay never mind."

"Yeah. I'll call Dara later then. But if we need missiles—?"

"Yeah, if you need missiles just text me. I'll set you up. I've got a munitions guy on—most coasts actually. In fact, Phin should be in Mexico right now-- if you text I'm sure he'll be down to help."

"Yeah, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks! I'll give you material on my dad as soon as I get it."

"That's all I ask."