Chapter 30: The second heist Part 3

Ari

"I don't think we should be doing this," I say to anyone who is listening (no one). "She's a Titan. No offense Zephyr. We don't trust Titans."

"Oh, we don't trust me. I don't trust me," Zephyr says, putting a hand on his chest. He and Hugh and I are waiting with Ev, Jason, and Bronte. Everyone else is lurking in the bushes. Well, Reese is on the ship playing 'can you feel the love tonight'. Everyone else is lurking in case this is an ambush. Penny has like an entire side of a car she found in the ocean she's gonna drop on anything that threatens Ev. It'll be great, if deadly. I'm pretty sure I'm authorized to heal any of the kids but no Titans.

"How did it go with the Titan dude person by the way?" Hugh asks Zephyr.

"It went lovely; next time you people complete a raid in seventy seven seconds DO NOT leave me to painfully regurgitate 'The Collected Complaints and Grievances of Charon 21th century Remastered Edition', for two entire hours," Zephyr says, tiredly.

"I'm sorry! It took me that long to count all of them," Hugh says. That's true it did. How was I supposed to know he didn't know I had set up a hammock and was taking a little nap with four snakes I found in the woods? Did I tell him? No, of course not. I still didn't officially know he didn't know.

"Apology accepted; you came before he tried to start giving me some gang tattoo," Zephyr says.

"The Titan T that they all have?" Bronte asks.

"I don't know! He said 'come here' and was holding a tattoo gun. Naturally, I pretended to faint."

"Did that stop him?" I ask, surprised.

"No. No. It did not. Thankfully, Hugh stopped him," Zephyr says.

"Your welcome," Hugh says.

"How did you defeat him?" Jason asks, interested.

"I hit him over the head with my club," Hugh holds up his baseball bat.

"Is that like your one strategy of combat?" Ev asks.

"Be quiet, your one strategy is hitting people with your fists."

"I mean---yeah."

"You people are very loud for squatters," Maddy walks out of the forest, she is now wearing a pair of tight jeans, designer shoes, and a thin t-shirt. Her hair is pulled up in a high pony tail. A glittery phone sticks out of her back pocket.

"We're always like this," Jason says.

"Who are they?" Maddy asks, looking at us suspiciously.

"Hi. I'm a doctor," I say.

"You remember me. Hope you like spiders," Bronte says, I throw a rock at her because that is not how you introduce yourself, girl. She catches it.

Maddy folds her arms and nods at Hugh and Zephyr, "Who are they?"

"My---I'm just gonna go with Uncles nobody correct me if that's not exactly true---I stayed because I wanted to---make sure you're okay," Jason says, haltingly.

"You're under a love potion," Bronte says, unsympathetically.

"I know. I don't care. I like it," Maddy says, hanging her head a little.

"Cool," I give her a thumbs up, "So we're done here?"

"No---Maddy, I can't stay on this island with you," Jason sighs.

"Why not?" she frowns like she doesn't understand the problem. "You'll like it here. Eventually. I mean I get it takes a while---but we have lots of food. And a dragon."