Chapter 14: Feelings

'TING!'

Pyrrha blocked a strike from Cardin before sweeping under Skye. She then parried one of Russel's swings and kicked away Dove who was charging right for her.

She then parried two attacks from Cardin before dashing forward and ended up behind him. Dove came up but was quickly overwhelmed by the sheer relentless attacks from Pyrrha. Then Russel tried to take a swing but Pyrrha threw her spear at him who deflected it with his sword and then she then did a low kick and with a shout he fell onto the ground. Then Dove and Cardin came back and they tried to tag team her but she was too fast. She quickly blocked his attack and then used her spear as a pole vault to jump over both of them and used her shield like Captain America to hit Cardin and then it bounced off of him and hit Dove in the face.

2 down.

She then charged Russel head on and they collided in the middle. They exchanged a few blows before Pyrrha kneed him in the abdomen and kicked him away. Then she came towards Skye and kicked him upwards and did a full spin mid-air before slashing down at him. Team CRDL was immobilised.

Then the lights came back on and Glynda came up.

"And that's the match."(Glynda)

"L-lucky shot...ugh."(Cardin)

He fell to the ground unconscious.

"Well done Ms Nikos, you should have no problems qualifying for the tournaments."(Glynda)

"Thank you professor..."(Pyrrha)

"Alright now I know that's a tough act to follow, but we still have time for one more match. Any volunteers?"(Glynda)

Murmurs were heard from the students then one hand came up. A certain grey-haired boy.

"I'll do it!"(Mercury)

She narrowed her eyes at Mercury.

"Mercury is it? Well let's find you an opponent."(Glynda)

"Actually, I wanna fight...her."(Mercury)

He pointed towards Pyrrha.

"Me?"(Pyrrha)

"I'm afraid Ms Nikos has just finished a match. I recommend you choose another partner."(Glynda)

"I will fight Ms Glynda."(Kenji)

Kenji's voice suddenly echoed out. He was standing near the ledge overlooking everything.

"Uhm but Kenji I think I can still-"(Pyrrha)

"You are tired Pyrrha. It would not be a fair fight."(Kenji)

Kenji who never really participated since that day, was now voluntarily initiating a fight.

"That is...rather unusual for you Mr Kenji. Anything up today?"(Glynda)

"I have to stretch these muscles somehow..."(Kenji)

"...Very well. Do you accept Mr Mercury?"(Glynda)

"Fine..."(Mercury)

"Perfect, then you two shall now make your way to the locker room to get into your combat gear."(Glynda)

With an emotionless face, Kenji walked away with only the sounds of his footsteps echoing out.
.
.
.
.
When Mercury came back, surprisingly Kenji was also back. Not to mention he was actually in his full combat gear this time.

"Alright Mr Kenji, Mr Mercury, please step into the arena."(Glynda)

The lights then dimmed and both our auras were shown on screen. Glynda then came into the arena and put her hand out.