Chapter 34: Consequences

Kenji holds his eye as blood streak down his face.

'Alert, alert! Memory system overload! Require immediate rest!'

Kenji shakes his head as he tries to ignore the pain and stress. He tries to focus his attention back onto Y/N as he stares coldly at Kenji.

"What have you done?"(Kenji)

"No Kenji, what have we done?"(Y/N)

"Argh! Get out of my head!"(Kenji)

He grabs onto the sides of his head as he falls to his knees and grabs onto his white hair. He takes in heavy breaths as he finally tries to calm himself down.

It is then when he suddenly realises, he never completed the mission.

"Wait...what?"(Kenji)

"Oh, you finally realised..."(Y/N)

"What? How do you know?!"(Kenji)

"I know everything Kenji...well we all know it"(Y/N)

Kenji looks around as he suddenly sees around 10 more Y/N's circling around him.

"You thought that you would win but it was just a mere clone,"(Y/N 1)

"You could never win from the start!"(Y/N 2)

"You were supposed to be our superior but you could never make the hard decisions!"(Y/N 3)

"I will finish what you have started..."(Y/N)

Kenji gets up from his position as two clones rush at him. They lunge at Kenji who dodges one of them before drawing his blade and slicing at the other.

The other gets up from the ground as Kenji ducks under his swing before using his blade to sweep the clone's legs and then plunging the sword into its body.

He takes it out as he turns around only to get punched in the face by a clone. He falls to the ground as two more clones circle him and a smoke ball is manipulated in front of him.

Out of the smoke, The real Y/N emerges from within and launches out his claw at Kenji. It stabs into his gut as he is pulled up and thrown to Y/N's back as he sidesteps his body.

"Why do you fight? Salem is my target now so what gives?...oh and if you stand in my way, your soul is mine!"(Y/N)

"You'll never stop at one...I'll take you all on!"(Kenji)

Kenji painstakingly stands up but a wormhole suddenly emerges behind him. A black gloved hand grabs onto his shoulder as Y/N rushes forward.

Kenji is pulled back as Y/N jumps up at him but he was too far. But before Kenji was pulled all the way through, he could faintly see some smoke intruding into the wormhole.
.
.
.
.
Kenji POV

I was thrown out onto the grass as the wormhole closed. I then heard a few footsteps from behind.

I turned around to see Revenant walking up to me as I relaxed my shoulders a bit.

"Foolish mortal. Do you not know when to quit?"(Revenant)

"I don't believe in game over,"(Kenji)

"There are always times for you to back out. This was one of those times. If I had not pulled you back, you would've died. For a supposed chosen one, I would expect a little more competence from you,"(Revenant)