Chapter 24: Guardian

"Well it comes at no surprise that they have chosen you to go onto the final round,"(Ozpin)

"Your performance has been exemplified,"(Ozpin)

"Thank you Professor Ozpin, but...I would never have made it this far without my teammates, and my friends."(Pyrrha)

"Personally I think it's the other way around,"(Qrow)

"I'm sorry but, I don't believe we've been introduced,"(Pyrrha)

"Name's Qrow,"(Qrow)

"Qrow is a trusted colleague, if you do feel disturbed by him, there is always Kenji here as well,"(Ozpin)

"Hello little spartan,"(Kenji)

"Hello Kenji!"(Pyrrha)

"Professor...if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me here?"(Pyrrha)

"Please. Take a seat."(Ozpin)

Pyrrha grew a little cautious. Better calm her down...I'm not gonna let her die anyways.

"Sit Pyrrha, it won't bite."(Kenji)

She looked at me before smiling a little and took a seat.

"What is your favourite fairytale?"(Ozpin)

"I'm sorry?"(Pyrrha)

"Fairytales. Stories from your childhood, surely you must've remembered some of them,"(Ozpin)

"Well...there's the tale of the two brothers, the shallow sea, the girl in the tower."(Pyrrha)

"What about the story on seasons?"(Ozpin)

"Oh of course! The story goes that an old hermit, who is referred to as a wizard in some versions, is visited by four sisters, who are each, in their own unique way, are kind to him. The first sister, Winter, encourages him to meditate and reflect; the second, Spring, brings him fruit and flowers and revitalizes his garden; the third, Summer, convinces him to step outside and embrace the world; and the fourth, Fall, encourages him to be thankful for what he has."(Pyrrha)

"When the old man asks the four sisters why they were so kind to him, they respond that they merely show their kindness to everyone. Moved by this, the old man gives the four sisters great powers in return for their compassion, and as the embodiment of the four seasons, they travel through Remnant spreading their gifts. As thanks, the Maidens promise to visit the old man once every year"(Pyrrha)

"Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall. The four maidens. My mother loves that story,"(Pyrrha)

"Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?"(Ozpin)

"You're not that old professor,"(Pyrrha)

"Well, would you believe me if I said it was true?"(Ozpin)

"I beg your pardon?"(Pyrrha)

"What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world that could wield such tremendous power without dust?"(Ozpin)

"You mean like a semblance?"(Pyrrha)

"Like magic,"(Ozpin)

"I-"(Pyrrha)

"Yea, first time hearing it's pretty crazy."(Qrow)

"You're serious? Kenji, are you playing with me?"(Pyrrha)

I only looked away. Wasn't my first time hearing it but...goddamn it Pyrrha.

"Do I look like I'm joking?"(Ozpin)