Chapter 26: Beginning of the end

"3...2...1 Begin!"(Port)

The match started as Yang's punch was met with Mercury's kick. Both were knocked back as Mercury charged in. Yang flips over him as she fires a round at him. He dodged it as he blocks her attacks. Then Yang manages to punch Mercury back while he managed to kick her back.

Yang lands and shoots out round after round at Mercury who dodges them all. He then jumps up as he performs an axe kick down at Yang who blocks it and pushes him off of her. She then fires a shot at Mercury point blank but he ducks down and avoids while kicking upwards and hitting Yang in the chin.

She flips away and lands as she lunges in once again. Mercury blocks two over her punches before flipping over her and bringing his leg up before turning his feet inward to smash her. Yang dodges this and the ground breaks as Mercury's foot digs into it.

Mercury performs another barrage of attacks as he jumps up and kicks at Yang before doing a side kick. Yang blocks his attacks so he backs up and does a split before lifting himself up using his hands and spun on the floor. He then gets up as he charges in head first. Yang punches him in the gut and follows it up with an uppercut to the chin. Mercury is knocked back but quickly recovers as he does several backwards cartwheels to avoid Yang's shells.

He does not look where he is going though as he accidentally falls of the edge but before he could hit the out-of-bounds, he quickly boosts himself up using his shoe guns and lands in front of Yang again as he kicks her at all areas repeatedly. He then kicks her in the back making her flinch as he tries to kick her in the face but Yang dodges them and fires off her gauntlets which Mercury pushes away using his legs.

He then gets behind her as he jumps up and extends both legs at her, kicking her back as he sends a round at her. She dodges it as Mercury gets on the ground and spins around while balancing himself with his hands. He sends out multiple dust rounds in a circular motion. A few were sent to Yang but she dodges them as she charges in. Mercury blocks her punch and kicks her up into the air as he jumps up and brings his leg down on her and smashes her into the ground.

The rounds in the air start going towards the centre as they all dive towards Yang's position.

'Boom!'

Mercury smirks as he walks away not realising that the buzzer hasn't been sounded. Then an explosion rings out behind him as he turns to see an angry Yang charging in. He tries to kick her away but she ducks down and punches him in gut. He tries to low kick her but Yang parries it with her gauntlet and punches Mercury twice in the chest before punching repeatedly at Mercury as his aura takes up the damage. He then punches him one more time in the gut as she punches him to the ground.

'Beep!'

"What a way to kick off the finals!"(Port)

The entire audience cheered on and clapped.

"Yang Xiao-Long wins!"(Oobleck)

"Yea You did it sis!"(Ruby)

"Way to go Yang!"(Blake)

"Better luck next time,"(Yang)

"There's not gonna be a next time blondie,"(Mercury)

What Yang sees is Mercury attacking her but as soon as she punches his leg, the crowd gasped.

"My word!"(Oobleck)

"Cut the cameras!"(Port)

"My leg!"(Mercury)

"That's what you get you little-huh?"(Yang)

Atlas robots and two Atlas guards then start to surround her. They all point their guns at her.