Volume 4: Prologue

Summer enters Ruby's room as her gaze lands on her daughter in full combat clothes.

"Ruby...are you sure about this?"(Summer)

"I...I have to mum. Kenji has cared for us so much. I miss him..."(Ruby)

"I understand little munchkin,"(Summer)

Summer gave a sad smile to Ruby as they embraced.
.
.
.
.
Ruby walks into Yang's room as she stared at the yellow-haired girl on the bed.

"Yang...you have to do something at least..."(Ruby)

"I'm risking my life out there for nothing trying to be a huntress...you go ahead and do whatever. I'm staying here."(Yang)

"Yang-"(Ruby)

"Ruby please,"(Yang)

"...Alright..."(Ruby)

As Ruby left the room Yang looked out the window again as a tear fell from her eye. She lays back down on the bed as she covers herself with the blanket.

Ruby stands in front of the door as she prepared to leave. She takes a look back to see both her parents standing there smiling at her.

"Be safe Ruby,"(Summer)

"Visit home sometime eh?"(Tai)

Ruby smiled and chuckled.

"Sure Dad,"(Ruby)

She opened the door to see the whole lawn covered in melting snow and Jaune standing in the middle of the pathway.

"Ready?"(Jaune)

"Of course,"(Ruby)

"What about Yang?"(Jaune)

Ruby looks down.

"She's...not coming,"(Ruby)

"Oh..."(Jaune)

Ruby then looks up from the ground.

"Are you sure about this? Going in alone against an enemy we don't even know?"(Ruby)

"Of course I am Ruby, Kenji was one my best friends. Plus like he always used to say, we're not alone,"(Jaune)

Ren and Nora pop out from behind him as they smile at Ruby.

"Ren, Nora,"(Ruby)

Ruby smiles back at them.

"How's things going?"(Ren)

"Why don't we talk while we're trekking?"(Ruby)

They all smile.

"Aye aye,"(Nora)

With that, they set off into the dark forest and disappear into the darkness.

Kenji POV

"Ugh, Where the hell am I? Uh System? You there? Is anyone there?"(Kenji)

I awoke to a pretty sight. White. Everything was white. Where the hell am I?

A bright light then formed in front of me as I covered my eyes.

"Hello master,"(System)

"System?"(Kenji)

I put my arms down as I saw a figure looking like one of the two brothers and another figure behind him.

"System? Where am I? And why do you look like...that?"(Kenji)

"All will be explained...now."(System)