Chapter 36: Flames

Kenji POV

"Wait, its that easy?"(Kenji)

"Of course Master,"(System)

I was currently holding a guitar. Apparently the system gets bored from time to time and it likes music...the more you know.

Well it wanted someone to play him music and he had refused to listen to the music I had on my scroll. It likes live performances or something, so picky...

"I can hear you Master,"(System)

"Well too bad,"(Kenji)

"Just play a few notes and I'll grant you the skill,"(System)

"Eh sure..."(Kenji)

I had never played the guitar before, matter of fact I only ever learned the piano and that was for a...let's just say mission.

I decided to start off with the C key. The string made a sound. Oh where did I get the guitar from? Well, the system gifted it to me. It really wants me to learn.

I then played the D key and then the E key. I decided to play with the keys a little to the point where they felt natural to me. Apparently that was enough as the system decided to give me the ability.

'Ding!'

'Mission completed!'

Mission name: Play for me!
Details: The system is bored so learn to play a few keys and get used to the guitar!
Mission rewards: New ability: Guitar play.

"Neat,"(Kenji)

"Indeed master,"(System)

"So what now?"(Kenji)

"Play it,"(System)

Then, a few chords flew into my mind as I held my head.

"You could've at least given me a heads up,"(Kenji)

"Now where's the fun in that?"(System)

I then started to strum the guitar strings as the rhythm found its way into my mind and my hands did the work.

"That was nice Master,"(System)

"Glad you think so..."(Kenji)

Then from the darkness, rustling within the leaves alerted me as I immediately stood up. Give me a break man I just recovered!

"Master, sit back down, it is Revenant...It seems he has news for us,"(System)

I looked back to the woods as indeed Revenant did step out of the shadows.

"Urgent news, Y/N has been spotted."(Revenant)

What...?

"Wait what?"(Kenji)

"It seems that he has escaped my dimension when I had entered to pull you out,"(Revenant)

"Shite..."(Kenji)

this just had to happen huh?

"Well where is he now?"(Kenji)

"He is currently fighting bandits. Most notability from the Branwen tribe,"(Revenant)

"Oh come on man..."(Kenji)

"He is nearby, shall we pursue? I have my shadows tracking him at the moment,"(Revenant)