Chapter 16: Field trip

Kenji POV

Me and Ruby opened the door only to find ourselves face to face with the rest of the team.

"WAHT HAPPENED?!"

"Er...uh...hehe."(Ruby)

"I wanna stuff my head in sand..."(Kenji)
.
.
.
.
.
"That was a risky move..."(Weiss)

"No, I think you handled it well"(Blake)

"I hope so..."(Ruby)

While they were all talking to Ruby near the beds, I was in a corner. Drinking choccy milk.

"I'm sure everything will be alright Ruby... Oh! I know what'll cheer you up!"(Yang)

I suddenly realised. They had a dog.

"What's that?"(Ruby)

"I don't know yet, dad and mum sent it to us."(Yang)

"I thought we could open it together."(Yang)

"Ooo! Something from home!"(Ruby)

She immediately used her semblance to dash over to Yang and tried to grab the small cylinder container. Yang obviously held it away.

Then suddenly, the 'gift' dropped out. It wiggled for a bit. Before letting out a small sound. Then it stood on all fours. Yep it was Zwei...

It barked at team RWBY who got closer to inspect it.

"AAAAAAA"

They all screamed. Ruby and Yang jumped up in excitement. Weiss jumped up because she was surprised, can't blame her. And finally Blake....she's a cat faunus. What did you expect?

"It's Zwei!!"(Ruby)

"They sent a dog?!"(Blake)

"How did he even get it in there..."(Kenji)

"In the mail?!"(Weiss)

Ruby immediately picked up Zwei and he began to lick Ruby's face while Yang watched.

"Oh they do this stuff all the time!"(Yang)

"And I wonder how Ruby gets so many of her creative ideas from..."(Kenji)

I then looked over to Blake and saw her climb up to Ruby's bed.

"Are you telling me that is mingy, drooling, mutt, is going to wive with us fowevaw? Oh yes he is! Yes he is!"(Weiss)

"That...was weird."(Kenji)

"Quiet you."(Weiss)

"Oh he's so adorable! So adorable!"(Weiss)

"Please keep it away from my belongings..."(Blake)

"Please keep it away from my shoes. They're the only ones I have left."(Kenji)

"Would all first-year students please report to the amphitheatre."(Glynda)

Glynda's voice sounded over the announcer

"Well we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for a week!"(Weiss)

Ruby let go of the mutt and he immediately ran over to Blake and barked at her. Blake immediately got into a defensive position. Let's not kill dogs now...

I slowly approached Zwei and held him up. He barked at me. Cute but I'm more a cat person. I then took out small ball I always carry around for...purposes and gave it to him. He held the ball in his mouth and went away to Ruby.

I looked up at Blake who only mouthed a thank you.

"Look its a letter- Dear girls, I've got to leave the island for a few days and your mother's out helping with charity work. So I'll be sending Zwei to you to take care of."(Yang)