Chapter 33: Life

'Clank!'

The two blades clashed against each other as Kenji grits his teeth from the pressure. Kenji directs Y/N's blade to the left as he tries to counter-attack with another slash but it is quickly shut down as Y/N fires out his Claws.

Kenji is pushed back from the impact as the sounds of chains clanking against one another echoes out through the hollow room. Kenji charges forward as he knocks the claws away.

He raises his katana as he blocks Y/N's strike but he still presses on. Y/N knocks Kenji's katana down and tries to uppercut him but Kenji recovers in time and blocks it.

Kenji stumbles back but maintains his balance and parries Y/N's attack which knocks him off. Y/N recovers and immediately jumps up and strikes down on Kenji.

He directs both of their blades to the hollow ground as he lands on one hand and both legs in a low stance. He then instantly spins around making Kenji's katana spark from the force of the spin with the Shadow Claw against it.

He moves his other hand to the ground as he balances himself on the ground and his back towards Kenji. He turns to look at the stunned Kenji before extending out his right leg into his face, knocking him back.

He jumps up and lands before twirling his sword around his body and extending his left arm in front of him and placing the blade over it. He takes a step back before dragging it on the ground slightly.

He then boosts off of his leg and charges forward at Kenji who had yet to recover. As he charges forward, Y/N twirls the blade around his body and spins around and jumping up as he brings the blade down upon Kenji full speed.

Kenji, thinks fast as he puts his left hand up and stops the blade at the palm of his hands. He screams out in pain as Y/N readies for another attack. But before he could, Kenji's adrenaline kicks in as he grabs onto the blade with his bloody hand.

He increases his grip as he pulls the blade forward along with Y/N. With his right hand, he grabs his Fusion Katana and pulls Y/N forward and past him. He then quickly turns around and slashes Y/N's back, causing him to fall to the ground.

He quickly recovers as he turns around and grab the blade with one hand and looks up to see Kenji rushing towards him with both hands on his katana. He quickly puts the blade in front of him as he blocks Kenji's downward swing and manages to boost himself up and flip over him.

Kenji follows his trajectory however and blocks Y/N's swing from behind as he turns around. He then leg sweeps Y/N which causes him to lose balance and fall to the ground on one leg. Kenji then swings down on Y/N who grunts in pain from the strike.

Kenji tries to go for another but Y/N recovers and draws his claws to block the strike. Kenji is pushed back as he releases his claws which wrap around Kenji's right arm.

Y/N pulls the chain back as Kenji flies forward. Kenji tumbles on the ground but manages to regain his balance and uses the momentum of the fall to perform a flying forward kick onto Y/N's face.

His leg connects with Y/N's face and he flies back, the chain releasing Kenji's arm and retracting back into Y/N's sleeve. Y/N tumbles back as Kenji skids to a stop with his legs before grabbing his fusion katana by the hilt and blade as the blade opens.

Blue sparks charges up within the opening as a bright blue light is emitted. A loud hue is heard before a bright blue beam is shot out. It was shot out in a blink of an eye and beams right through Y/N's chest as he groans in pain.

His body drops to the ground as Kenji's takes a deep breath and walks over to him. As he walks over, 2 Kama attach to his arm and chains wrap around his arm as well.