Chapter 42: Relations

'Thud'

Jaune falls to the ground as Nora stands over him triumphant. She smirks at him as he looks down and scratches the back of his head.

"Don't worry Jaune! You can do it!"(Ruby)

Nora lends a hand as she pulls Jaune up from the ground.

"No hard feelings?"(Nora)

Jaune just smiles as he brushes it off.

"It's just training,"(Jaune)

"Exactly! Training is meant for us to learn and grow! There is no need for pride to take part,"(Pyrrha)

"Precisely Ms Nikos, now I must divulge into...hand-to-hand combat,"(Ozcar)

They all turned to Ruby as she deadpanned.

"Here we go..."(Ruby)

"Speaking of which, where is Kenji?"(Nora)

They all looked around before Ozpin got their attention.

"Do not worry, I've asked Qrow to go and fetch him, it seems that he just wanted some time alone, he will be here soon,"(Ozcar)
.
.
.
.
With a grunt Kenji pushes the Shadow back with a palm punch. He then uses his hand to block and attack from behind before checking a few attacks and then proceeding to Roundhouse kick the shadow in the chest.

The shadow dissipates as the first gets back on his feet.

"In the Evening, move out towards the North, there's been a report of an attack and White Fang members were spotted,"(Kenji)

The Shadow only nods his head before they both turn around to see Qrow leaning on a fence post.

"So...did one of the gods really talk to you?"(Qrow)

"Yea, just a simple explanation is all,"(Kenji)

"Heh, really? Which God talked to you?"(Qrow)

"I...can't say,"(Kenji)

"Can not, or will not?"(Qrow)

Kenji only smiles.

"Well its a bit of both really,"(Kenji)

Qrow takes a swig of his whiskey before asking another question.

"Well you're obviously hiding the fact about the god, the question is why do you?"(Qrow)

"...A favour you could say, for a friend,"(Kenji)

Qrow only smirks before he turns around and starts to walk.

"Yea Oz asked me to ask you kid, now come on, training's starting. You wouldn't want to miss it now would you?"(Qrow)

"No sir..."(Kenji)

Kenji quickly followed behind as so too did the Shadow. They both quickly caught up to him as Qrow gives a side glance towards the shadow.

"Does he always follow you?"(Qrow)

"I've summoned him for the time being, he will only disappear at my command or until he has sustained enough damage,"(Kenji)

"I see..."(Qrow)

They quickly reach the training grounds as they look forward to see Ruby sparring with Oscar. Ruby checks one of of Oscars attack, although sloppily, she was able to pass underneath Oscar's poor defence before she punches him the back which knocks him forward as he falls to the ground.