Chapter 25: Battles

"Oo! And with that Gretel and Hansel of Haven is victorious!"(Port)

The crowd cheered and applauded the winning team.

"Now, it is the final match of the duo rounds! Please welcome Odin Nazar and Kaja Nazar! Two brothers of Shade Academy!"(Port)

The crowd cheered as a boy with in a white vest jacket enters the arena. He had black hair and a pair of long pants on. He had military-like boots as he walked to the centre. Next a boy in a red hoodie followed behind. He was wearing long pants as well and normal combat shoes. He was wearing an eye mask with a design on it as a little drone followed him, hovering above him.

"And now, may we please welcome Kenji Goro of Beacon!"(Port)

Kenji walked in as the crowd cheered yet again.

"Go Kenji!"(Ruby)

"You can do it!"(Yang)

"Fight well!"(Blake)

"You better win!"(Weiss)

Kenji walks to the centre as he faces his two opponents.

"So you must be Kenji Goro..."(Odin)

"Hello there."(Kenji)

"My robots will get special training,"(Kaja)

"I'm flattered,"(Kenji)

"It is training on how to put someone in their place."(Kaja)

He punches the air as his drone hovers above him.

The arena around them breaks apart to reveal a rocky mountain area and a luscious forest area.

"3,2,1 Begin!"(Port)

The match started as Kaja slides his hand across his eye mask as his drone scanned the area.

"Beta Online,"(Kaja)

Kaja falls back as Odin charges forward with his battle axe. Kenji sidesteps it as he does a B-twist to avoid bullets. He looks up to see Kaja's drone, Beta, shooting at him. He tries to pull out Annihilator to shoot at it but a swing from Odin shuts it down. Kenji then performs a side kick as it pushes Odin's axe to the side and he takes cover from the barrage of bullets.

Kaja then draws his staff as he directs it at the rocks. He fires off a beam of energy which was then followed up by Beta who shot more bullets. Kenji had to get out of there as he jumps over to a waiting Odin who swings his axe at him. Kenji ducks down as he sweeps Odin feet up and pushes his palm onto his chest. Kenji performs several backwards cartwheels as he dodges more rounds from the drone. Kaja then holds his staff up as a bright light was emitted. Beta then split up into many small little drones as they all charge for Kenji.

"Bots. I hate bots,"(Kenji)

The small drones dive for Kenji. He dodges them but as they land on the ground a fuse sound is heard and the drones create mini-explosions. Kenji flinches from one but quickly teleports away. Odin regroups with Kaja as they prepare to attack. Kenji unsheathes his Shadow blade. He then twirls it around before a purple aura hovered around it as it materialised into a sickle.

Flashback...

"System what did you do?"(Kenji)

"..."(System)

"Alright fine...what upgrade was given to my shadow blade?"(Kenji)