Chapter 43: Pathways

3RD POV

Kenji and Yang stood in front of the door. Above was the sign "Syndicate bar".

"You know, for a mastermind criminal hiding, he sure does seem to have the most obvious hiding spots,"(Kenji)

"You've been here more than me, why are you surprised?"(Yang)

"Helps lighten the mood,"(Kenji)

"Right..."(Yang)

The two eventually open the doors as the bar was full of life. Men and women drinking it out like there was no tomorrow, target practice in the back with weapons. Most importantly of all, many, many criminals. Which means information.

The pair then spots the man they were looking for. Randal. He was laying down on the sofa with women around him as he played with his gun. He was clearly drunk and dazed but that did not deter him from catching the two hunters in his vision.

"How the he-"(Randal)

He cuts himself off as he groans. He uncrosses his legs as he shoos the women away before holstering his revolver.

"Well, well, well, well....what do we have here?"(Randal)

"Randal! How have you been buddy?"(Kenji)

"Well it was going great until you showed up! And here I was thinking that you had finally died!"(Randal)

Yang looked around, as she noticed many of the criminals smirking and staring at them.

"Come. They are...rowdy at this time,"(Randal)

"Aren't you drunk as well?"(Yang)

"Do you want my help or not?"(Randal)

Yang rolls her eyes as they go to a more secluded area and stood at a table.

"Speaking of which, how the hell are you even alive?"(Randal)

"How about I just pay you to not ask any questions and instead let me ask them,"(Kenji)

"Ohoho, business already?"(Randal)

Kenji raises a brow at Randal.

"Haha! Of course, well you know the drill, payment first."(Randal)

Kenji grabs a sack of Lien from his inventory as he takes it out and throws it onto the table. Randal smirks.

"Now then, what questions will you be asking?"(Randal)

"Well, my friend here would like to ask a question,"(Kenji)

Yang steps forward as Randal smirks.

"Oo, you might be my new favourite spy..."(Randal)

"Try it and I'll punch all the teeth out of your mouth,"(Yang)

"She's a little on edge today Randal so if you would, please answer her question?"(Kenji)

"Now hold on Kenji Goro! This payment was for your questions! Not hers...so,"(Randal)

He rubs his fingers together as a way of signalling for money. Kenji sighed as Yang was infuriated. She slams her hands on the table as a few bottles and cup shatter on the ground.

"What?! How dare you-?!"(Yang)

Before Yang could explode, Kenji placed a hand on her shoulder as he just sighed.

"Look Randal, we are in a bit of a hurry so would you just please answer her question or she will seriously punch all the teeth out of your mouth,"(Kenji)

"Such a tough girl..."(Randal)

"She tussled with Junior man,"(Kenji)

"So you are the one who he keeps asking for someone to kill?"(Randal)