Part title

Brookes POV

I feel my heart sink as I realise that my dad could be cheating on my mum. I really hope it's a mistake and that my dad isn't in bed with some home wrecker. My breathing starts to increase too much for me to handle and my body is shaking like mad and I'm finding it hard to breathe. Tom notices and pulls me into him.
"What if he's cheating on her Tom. What do we do?".
"Well for starters I think we need to make sure what's going on before your mum gets home, what times she coming home?".
"We have about an hour, there's only one thing to do, I really don't want to do it but I have to. I'm going to go in the room".
"Are you sure, I mean that sort of stuff is scarring enough let alone when it is one of your parents with someone else".
"I don't want to but I have to, you stay here I need to go in now before they stop. I need proof of it, give me your phone mines dead I have to get a picture so mum believes me".
"Ok then, shout if you need me". He kisses me on the forehead and I walk toward the room.

I take a deep breath in before setting up the camera and walking in.
"Fuck Brooke what are you doing here?". My dad shouts.
"What am I doing here, are you fucking kidding me dad! I come here to surprise you and mum, you know the woman you're married to. But instead I hear you fucking some whore acting like mum doesn't exist!"
"Brooke, don't be like that. Your mum and I haven't been happy for a long time. And do not talk to Emily like that she is nothing but a whore".
"Oh so the home wrecker slag has a name then. How fucking wonderful". I throw my arms up in the air.
"And even if you and mum weren't happy which I won't believe until I hear it from mum. You don't go sleeping around like a prostitute in les miserable! Now I'm going back to my room to spend time with Tom, who buy the way heard you guys too. And by the time mum gets here I want that bitch out of here and you fully clothed". I walk out of the room and let out a deep breath I didn't even know I was holding in, I open my bedroom door and Tom quickly stands up.

"I would ask how it went but I heard the whole thing. Is there anything I can do baby?".

I go to speak but it's like my tongue is tied. I burst out into tears and run into toms arms. He pulls me into him and rubs my back, I let out all my tears crying as hard as possible into his chest.
"I know it hurts baby girl but I promise it'll get better. Do you want anything to eat or drink or do you want to do anything?".
"I just want to stay in here and cry for a bit. But can we have cuddles?" I attempt to talk properly but it just comes out in a sob.

Half an hour later I hear the front door open and I quickly jump up, my heart palpitating in my stomach.
"Are you ready love?". He looks at me and softly holds my hand.
"Yes, come on we'll all talk about it in the kitchen".
"Are you sure you want me to be there. I can wait up here if you like this seems like a private family matter".
"You're part of my family though and we're getting married my family is your family therefore this is your business too come on".
We walk downstairs hand in hand, I roll my feet downstairs and see my mum and dad sat at opposite ends of the table in silence.

"Hi sweetie, hi Tom nice to see you".
"Let's just skip the nice talk and get on with it".
We both sit down and my dad turns to us and speaks. But I raise my hand and stop him.
"You don't get to talk dad. I need to hear it from that you guys were over".
"Brooke, what do you mean? Your father and I have been having a few issues but we've been going to couples therapy and we're on the end. We didn't want to tell you and Noah so you wouldn't worry but you don't have to because we're on the mend. Which is why I'm very confused as to why we're all down here sitting in tension thick enough to cut with a knife".
"Wait a sec, dad you said that you two were over so I shouldn't be upset. Mum I need to show you something". I unlock my phone and motion for mum to come over and look. She gets up from her chair, panic darting through her eyes.
"Brooke you're scaring me, what's going on?".
"Just come and see this mum". I pass her the phone and watch her face go pale and her eyes drop in sadness as she realises what she's looking at. Her hand goes to her mouth to try and cover her cries.
"I'm sorry mum, I found out earlier before you got in".
"James pack your things and leave. The next time I'll see you is when sorting out divorce". My eyes widen and tears rush to me, I figured my mum would be mad and maybe kick him out for a while but I never thought she would leave him no matter what's he done.
My dad gets up and leaves the room, I walk over to mum and pull her into me.
"I'm so sorry you had to see that Tom. I apologise for all this".
"Don't apologise Amy, why don't I leave you two to talk and I'll cook us all dinner?".
"Thanks babe, I'll take her upstairs".

We walk upstairs and my mum just sobs in my arms. Dad tries calling us both several times but I decline all of them on behalf of mum.

About 45 minutes later Tom calls us for dinner, it was delicious but most of it is eaten in silence . Mum doesn't eat much, picking at her food hardly looking at anyone the whole time.
After clearing up the mess from dinner I take my heart broken mother upstairs and make sure she gets to bed ok.
As I walk toward my childhood room I feel drained physically and mentally. My poor mum, she thought her marriage had a chance to be saved but here she was finding out her husband had already stopped loving her. I'll never forgive dad for what he's done and nor will Noah.

I change into my pjs and climb into bed next to Tom.
"Tom?".
"Yeah".
"Will you ever stop loving me?". He turns to look at me and softly pulls me into him.
"Why would you say that darling?",
"Well when I was growing up i idolised my parents relationship. Dreaming of having one like theirs, they've always been so in love. So if my dad can stop loving mum does that mean you could stop loving me?". I say the last art in a whisper, just thinking about that breaks me.
"Brooke, baby I love you and I always will. You remember that, I love you most in this world".
He kisses my lips before turning the light out leaving us to fall asleep in each other's arms.