Part title

My parents are coming over for dinner later, they've been dying to see us since the honeymoon. I've already told mum about my endometriosis and she got Noah to pass on the information to my father. Ever since the divorce was finalised she has been even worse, it was like before they were divorced she still could hold on a little bit but now there's nothing left. Tom and I try to see her as much as possible, she sees Noah three times a week and us once a week. We would see her more but we live to far away, I sometimes see her just me at her house. I'll go over, have a clean of the house cook some meals for the week, and just look after mum.
It's horrible seeing her like this, we have no other family other than Noah so I try to prevent her from getting lonely.
Toms out at the shop getting the ingredients for dinner, he's cooking mums favourite spaghetti Bolognese with meatballs.
I slip on a cream denim skirt and a baby blue tank top before running down and opening the door.
I open the door and look at the woman standing in front of me. She does not look like my mum, her hair is thin and strawy, her skin looks extremely pale and wrinkled. Her eyes looked sad and empty, the colour drained from them. She is wearing a pair of black leggings, wrinkles on them from them being loose. A thin white t shirt with lace on the top sags off her skin, covered by a small navy cardigan.

"Come on in mum, I've missed you loads" I pull her into my arms in an embrace. After grabbing her a drink and taking her bags upstairs Tom call us for dinner
"Toms cooked your favourite mum, let's eat. I don't care if you say you're not hungry you have to eat a little ok?". She lets out a big sigh before nodding.
"Ok but only if I can have a bath afterward, I'm all achy from the journey down. Now let's see some pictures" I hate the fact she's trying to change the subject and using my honeymoon to do so but I won't push her.
As we sit down and eat Tom shows her a few pictures and we share some of the memories in hope to lighten her mood. I sit back and watch Tom cheer up my mum, it'll be hard but she can get through this I know it. I can't help but feel like mum isn't really listening though, I'll put her out of her misery bless her.
"Excuse me please, I'm going to clear up now mum would you like to help?". She shoots me a thankful look before picking up her plate and walking into the kitchen.
"Toms gone up to start running your bath whilst we clear up. I got him to put in some therapeutic bubbles for you to help keep you relaxed. What've you been up to this week, anything fun?". I look over as I'm washing up.
"No, I've been on a few walks but that's about it. Noah's been round and we've spent some for together. I love you so much Brooke you know that, and I'm so proud to see you married and in love" mum looks at me before pulling me into a hug.
"I love you too Mum, and I know it's hard at the moment but you'll get through this I know".
"Right, I'm going to have the bath now". She leaves the room and I hear her to talk to Tom. I creep behind the door and listen in.
"She's an amazing girl Tom, look after her and love her properly."
"I will but go enjoy your bath now and come downstairs when you're done. Brooke and I will be here". My mum quickly nods her head before walking upstairs and leaving the room.
I walk into the living room and go sit next to Tom, placing my legs on his lap.
"Mum still doesn't seem herself does she?". I lean over closer to Tom before frowning.
"She doesn't seem herself but give it time and we'll slowly get her back to how she used to be I promise" he wraps his arm round me and puts on an episode of friends.
After about an hour and a few episodes of friends down I peel away from Tom and walk into the kitchen.
"Tom can you boil the kettle, I'm gonna go ask mum if she wants a tea in there. She usually likes one and she's been in there a little while so she'll be thirsty". I head to Tom and pass him as I start walking up the stairs.

"Yes of course, how does your mum take it?".
"The same as me, one sugar and a small splash of milk not too weak". I walk up to the bathroom before lightly knocking on the door.
"Mum, Toms making a tea do you want one?" I stand at the door waiting for a response. After a minute there's no response so I open the door. Bless her she's fallen asleep, I sit her boys up so she doesn't slip under the water.
As I sit her up and my fingers touch her skin I notice that she is really cold, which is weird considering she's in a bath. Maybe the water went cold, I dip my fingers in but the waters boiling.
"Tom, can you come up her please I think somethings wrong with mum but I don't know what" he comes running upstairs but respectfully stands outside the bathroom door.
"It's ok you can come in don't worry" Tom steps in the room before walking over to me.
He looks at mum before feeling the side of her neck then her wrists, I'm confused as to why until he opens his face drops and he opens his mouth.
"Baby, she's not breathing, I think she's gone" my heart drops and I fall to the ground screaming in pain. I can't breath properly from crying too much as Tom picks me up and pulls me into his arms. I continue sobbing as Tom carries into the bedroom, I cry for what seems like hours whilst Tom comforts me, rubbing my back.