Chapter 49

During the whole carriage ride back to Gray's castle he didn't stop asking her questions about who and what she was. She told him over and over again that she was just a human woman but he found it hard to believe her. There was just something not completely human about her. She looked human, she sounded human, and she acted human but there was something about her eyes that seemed completely unreal. Whenever Gray looked into someone's eyes he could see their inner darkness. He could see what made them ugly on the inside. He could see what really made them human. He could see their flaws. But with her it was completely different.

When he looked into her eyes he only saw light, beauty, love, charity, hope. Basically all of her virtues. Now obviously she had flaws and he could see virtues in other people but in others the flaws were obvious and the virtues well hidden but with Juvia it was just the opposite. Obvious virtues and well hidden flaws. He had only known one other person like that and it was Natsu. His eyes were full of fire, courage, justice, humility, loyalty and Gray knew that the reasons for that was because he was no regular human being. Hence why he didn't believe Juvia was either.

"You're positive that you're a hundred percent human?" He asked her for the thousandth time as they entered the castle.

"Yes I am. Why don't you believe me?" She asked.

"Because you just...You just don't seem like it."

"Well I am."

"What about your family?"

"They were human too. I had a human father and a human mother."

"Alright so you maybe human but have you ever used magic? Any kind at all?"

Juvia became quiet when he asked that because she didn't know how to answer that. Technically speaking magic had been used in her life but if she told him how that would mean she would have to reveal Levy and Gajeel to him. But she couldn't just lie. He would know if she was lying and that would make him really angry.

"You have haven't you?" He said. "What kind of magic did you use?"

"Technically I didn't use it but it was used on me."

"By who or what?"

"If I tell you do you promise not to hurt them?"

"Them? Who are they? Tell me!"

She had no choice. Part of her hoped that Gajeel had fled and taken Levy with him but she knew very well that they wouldn't just leave her even to save their own lives. Reluctantly she went up to her room and brought back her doll and cat.

"I thought I told you to get rid of that cat." Gray said.

"I know but he wouldn't leave and there's a reason for that. I only hope that you don't hurt them because of it." She hugged both the doll and cat protectively. "These two are no ordinary doll and cat. This is Levy, she's a fairy doll and parting gift from my mother. She was made to watch over me. Go on Levy show yourself."

She sat the doll down on the floor and it took on it's true form. Gray almost snorted at the sight of her.

"I thought I smelled the agonizing odor of fairy in here."

"Hey you're scent isn't exactly pleasant to my nostrils either." She scoffed.

"And this cat is Gajeel. He was normal but then Levy gave him boots that allow him to become human." Juvia said as she placed some adult sized clothes over the cat before slipping the small boots on to his paws. In no time at all he changed into a man.

"So you're a man now?" Gray asked Gajeel.

"Yes." He answered.

"Good. Then I won't instantly kill you when I do this." Gray then punched him across the face. "That's for what you did to my neck earlier you mangy thing!"