Part 5. Bucky and Captain America.

A/N: The following scenes are going to be a little different than they are in Civil War but please remember that YN has to fit in there somehow and it's only possible if I change some scenes. Trying my best to make them fit.
Also, not writing down every scene of the fight and in addition, YN will be able to use her skills here and bend cement. For me, cement counts as earth as it is made of limestone, clay, sand and iron ore. And it makes YN's skills just cooler.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less than a week has passed when [Y/N] returns from the weekly market very early, like usual.  She has secretly sneaked the daily newspaper on her way back, to keep herself updated at least once a week and is just opening it when she sees the headlines.

WINTER SOLDIER CÄUTAT PENTRU BOMBARDMENTUL DIN VIENA

[Y/N] has a bad feeling as she can't believe the news. Bucky has been in Bucharest the whole time. They have seen each other every day. Nor can she imagine that he would do such a thing. Several people were killed in the attack, including the King of Wakanda. James wouldn't do that. Not anymore. But if she is right, then someone wants to pin something on him and she has to warn her neighbor. Surely everyone is looking for him all over the world already and he is no longer safe. This thought alone already tightens [Y/N]'s stomach but the thought of losing her friend seems almost more painful. But it is not the time to be selfish, she needs to talk to Bucky right away to warn him.

Without knocking, she storms into his apartment. "I need to talk to you, urgently!" she babbles straight away, her voice slightly panicked and only then she realizes that it is not James Barnes who is in the apartment but Captain America.

"You are not Bucky" greets this man [Y/N] and looks at her in surprise.

"Bucky?" she repeats questioningly, but then quickly realizes that it must be a nickname for James. "So aren't you" she replies.

"What do you want here?" Captain America continues speaking.

"What do you want here?" counters [Y/N] and looks at the superhero skeptical.
Like everyone else, she knows the key data. James and Captain America, or Steve Rogers, were friends back in World War Two. Best friends, if she remembers correctly. He had freed James from HYDRA before the latter fell off a train on a mission and HYDRA found him again. But if Captain America is here now... She wonders why and if he's here to arrest him. Maybe he thinks that Bucky is behind the attack in Vienna but she wouldn't let anyone threat him.

"You should leave" says Captain America to [Y/N] and turns around to check the surroundings. "This is not a safe place." He's sternly but trying to be nice to warn and protect her.

"One more reason to stay" she says and stretches her fingers. If necessary, she will fight to keep Bucky safe.

"Understood" Captain America mumbles but it wasn't meant for [Y/N].

"Understood what?" she asks him when she suddenly feels a careful grip on her wrist from behind. She turns her head in surprise to see James standing there, his finger pressed to his lips to tell her to stay silent. Nonetheless, Captain America has noticed his appearance because he turns back around. Bucky lets go of [Y/N]'s wrist and walks closer towards Captain America. The two men just look at each other until Captain asks: "Do you know me?"

Bucky hesitates. "You're Steve. I read about you in a museum."

"I know you're nervous and you have plenty of reason to be but you're lying."

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore" Bucky tells him and [Y/N] looks at him with sad eyes. She wishes that he would've found out differently. That they could've talked about it before he was put in a situation like... this... .