Part 39. The White Wolf Returns.

"Okay, just spill it" Bucky says, looking at the cards in [Y/N]'s hand and then into her [y/ec] eyes. It's March, 9th and shortly before midnight. He's still trying to teach her how to play poker but even though she has the best poker face not just while playing, she seems to be just as a hopeless case as Steve is.

"That I'm not interested in games of chance?" [Y/N] asks.

"Would explain why you suck at it" Bucky answers, the familiar sloppy grin finding its way on his lips. "We should've played strip poker. Would've been more fun."

"Bucky Barnes!" [Y/N] rebukes him sternly, raising her right eyebrow at him but blushing some. "You wouldn't take advantage of a woman's plight."

"The only plight is watching you or Steve play cards. But I was talking about what awaits me tomorrow."

"You know, just because we threw a party for Natasha, doesn't mean I'm doing that for everyone's birthday."

"Right. But I'm your boyfriend."

"And Steve is yours. And you're being all his tomorrow."

Bucky grimaces at her teasing words, the Stucky-jokes getting more and more. A proud and amused grin lies on [Y/N]'s lips. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm not even supposed to tell you but it means you're having a boys day while Natasha and I can enjoy some time in peace."

Bucky rolls his eyes at her comment but smirks slightly. "A mens day, hm?"

[Y/N] shrugs. "It's something different, isn't it? Better than hiding here all the damn time."

"Right."

"What's on your mind, Buck?" [Y/N] asks and raises her right eyebrow. Bucky's brows are slightly furrowed, giving away that he's lost in his own thoughts but [Y/N] is unable to catch up on what's going on in his head at this moment.

"Just wondering. Thought we would spend the day together" Bucky says nonchalant as if he knows disagreeing with his friends will make no sense.

"Well, we're spending every day together. But Sam and Steve haven't left the building since months. So whatever they're up to, I'm up for it too. It'll be good. For all of you. You could do some bonding with Sam as well."

"We're close enough" Bucky says quickly and his girlfriend smirks. "So no chance to take you out for dinner?" he asks, his hand moving through his hair that has been growing the last couple of months and that he's now trying to keep out of his face without tying it. 

"Haven't you heard what I just said?" [Y/N] asks as she raises her eyebrow again, a smirk on her face as she watches Bucky. "We're really close to the man bun phase again, aren't we?"

"I heard what you said. But you're my girl" Bucky answers to her first question before he smirks as he watches her bite her lip as she blushes. "And maybe we are. But you loved it."

[Y/N] chuckles, her eyes glancing at her cards as if they'd still be playing, then back up to his blue eyes. "Your girl? Mushy."

"Oh, shut up. I can still see the blush on your cheeks. You liked it!"

"So that is what we are now? A mushy couple?" [Y/N] asks amused.

"I fear we always were, doll. We just always tried to fight against it" Bucky says softly and causes [Y/N] to smile. He then places his cards aside to put his arms around [Y/N], pulling her onto his lap. The latter looks over her shoulder to check the time, seeing that it's past midnight now.

"Happy 101st Birthday, Mr. Barnes" she says lovingly and leans in to kiss him, her arms wrapped around his neck. 

"Ouch" he sighs, being reminded about his age when they pull away. "I hope that quick peck on the lips wasn't all."