Part 33. Russian Vodka.

Natasha and Sam are in the living room, the russian spy feeling bored watching the movie that Sam has picked out and lifts her gaze happily when [Y/N] joins them. "Hey Nat, there's mail for you" the latter says just as surprised as Natasha feels when she moves her gaze skeptically to look at the box in [Y/N]'s hand.

"A mail bomb maybe?" Sam asks equally skeptical, his right eyebrow raised.

"Why always so negative" sighs [Y/N] and puts the package down on the living room table and pushes Sam's legs off the sofa to sit next to him. "The box is from Barton. It was packed in another box adressed to the Outreach Center."

"Clint?" Sam repeats skeptically and now looks at Natasha, the corners of her lips formed into a slight smile as she reaches for the package. Sam and [Y/N] curiously watch as Natasha unpacks her mail and takes out a bottle of Russian vodka and some Russian delicacies. "Alcohol?" asks Sam, puzzled. "Doesn't the selection of our bar suit your taste?"

"Why is Barton sending you alcohol?" [Y/N] asks just as confused and then discovers something else in the package. There's a small box with cake in it, above lies a card which Natasha grabs now and smiles at the few lines full of congratulations signed not just by Clint but by his entire family. Added are two pictures that Lila and Cooper drew for her. "Natasha Romanoff, please don't tell me it's your birthday today!" [Y/N] exclaims in surprise.

Natasha just shrugs but smiles slightly. "Why did not you say anything?" [Y/N] asks angrily and jumps up from her seat, which Sam immediately occupies with his feet. "Happy Birthday" she congratulates while hugging Natasha.

"Birthdays have never been my thing" Natasha answers the question with a shrug as the two women let go of each other.

"And Steve just forgot about it?"

"He doesn't know either. Nobody but Clint knows my date of birth."

"Natasha Romanoff" rebukes [Y/N] rolling her eyes. "There is no way we will let your birthday go unnoticed or spend it by watching Sam's terrible choice of movies."

"I heard that, Little Miss Earthquake!" Sam complains from his seat.

"Good" [Y/N] says. "Someone had to tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two women spend the early evening together in Natasha's room. Laughing and drinking a bottle of champagne while they get ready for the evening together. "There's no way" [Y/N] laughs, blushing, when she sees the way too tight and short dress that Natasha is handing her.

"You promised me that you would all dress up for me!" Natasha pouts.

"And we will! Do you know how hard it was to persuade Bucky to put on a shirt that wasn't missing at least one arm?"

[Y/N]'s big grin makes Natasha laugh again. "Well, I won't let you wear pants today either!"

"Miss Romanoff, I am a decent lady!" [Y/N] rebukes her friend and has to laugh because Natasha's words didn't sound the way she meant them and Natasha sheds a tear as she laughs along. Some would think the two of them are drunk but they're just enjoying their time together. "I have an outfit in my room. No pants, I promise. But covers some more skin."

"Well, then get it so we can get ready. You are an attractive woman, [Y/N] Sharp. Time you show that more often."

"That sounds like a lot of make-up and hairspray" [Y/N] sighs with a smile.

"Well, we dress to impress. And I think there's a handsome ex-soldier downstairs that you'd love to impress" Natasha winks but [Y/N] quickly leaves the room, smirking.