Part 10. A Little Dispute.

Bucky ends up being right because when Steve tells [Y/N] the whole reason for their trip shortly afterwards, she is far less pleased than she should be. There are many good reasons to be positive about moving again. But [Y/N] likes the place she's been at for the past few weeks. A small forest hut, far away from New York, Berlin or Bucharest. And even if she had lived there alone, Sam, Steve and Natasha were also nearby and she has had the feeling that they had to hide less than at any other place. And now, another move to Oakland, California is imminent. [Y/N] is just angry not to have heard about it before, otherwise she would have enjoyed the rustling of the wind through the trees once more, breathed the fresh forest air and listened to its silence. She would have gone to the creek only 10 minutes away from her hut one more time and watched the water glisten in the sunlight. Instead, she is sitting in her new room only a few hours later.
It really isn't ugly. Her room is on one of the upper floors of the relief center that T'Challa has built, giving her a good view at the city. A wall separated the sleeping and living areas. Gray and black stripes adorn the wall, in front of them stands dark furniture. [Y/N] sits on the gray couch with her head in her hands and looks out the window without focusing on anything in particular. (A/N: It is the room the picture shows but without the Avengers Logo on the window ofc)

Even Bucky hadn't been able to lift her mood during the trip there. She just hates it when people keep secrets from her and is still angry that Steve only came out with the truth shortly before leaving. She is so angry that she had simply left him standing in Wakanda and has not spoken to him since. The fact that everyone is staying in the same accommodation is not enough to lift her spirits. She can't believe that Steve still has secrets from her. She had given up a life of freedom to stand up for what she thinks is right. And yet, after living for the Avengers for almost a year, Steve seems to still be unable to talk openly about things. This thought hurts [Y/N] because she really thought that they trust each other. He is something like her best friend but this does not seem to be reciprocal.

A knock on her room door interrupts [Y/N]'s negative thoughts. But before she can say a nasty rebuff for Steve out loud, the door opens and Bucky enters the room. "Still mad at Steve?" he asks carefully.
[Y/N] can't help thinking about the flight the moment she hears Bucky's voice. She had kept her distance from Steve, not being in the mood to talk to anyone. Yet, Bucky had left his seat next to his best friend to join her for a while and even though she blocked off every attempt of his to start a conversation, she had known that Bucky only wanted to help. Instead of just leaving her, Bucky stayed with her for some time, sitting there in silence but making her feel less lonely.

"Take a guess" [Y/N] replies with a sigh, but gesticulates to Bucky that his visit is okay.
To his own surprise, Bucky sits down on the couch next to [Y/N], who is already looking out the window again. He follows her gaze but can't see anything that might be particularly interesting. "Big change, eh?" he asks, hoping to somehow get her to talk. He has never seen [Y/N] that quietly and it depresses him.

"You tell me" mumbles [Y/N] in response but then sighs again. She doesn't want to push Bucky away but her mood is just so off at the moment. "I guess I just have to sleep on it for a night. Let everything sink in first."

"Understandable" replies Bucky and averts his gaze from the window and looks at [Y/N] sitting next to him. Her [y/hc] hair hangs loosely over her shoulders, almost as if trying to hide the sadness on her face.
The room is filled with silence once again so that both of them just sit next to each other. "At some point you will have to talk to each other. You know he won't leave you alone."

"I know. Please be so kind and at least keep him away from me for today."

This time, Bucky can't suppress a slight smile. When it comes to stubbornness, Steve and [Y/N] are more alike than they probably realize. "I'll try my best."