Part 38. Something New.

A/N: You'll probably guess it while reading but this chapter is a little filler because I didn't want a too big timespan between their date and what's going to happen next. It took them forever to get together and I don't want to rush things. Yet, we're so close to the end of the story and their (your) journey so I just want to thank you all for reading, voting and commenting so far. Enjoy some final sweetness before things get more serious again. You'll be able to guess why.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soft laughter and chuckles fill the room, reflecting the relaxed atmosphere that surrounds them. [Y/N] tries to free herself from Bucky's grip but he's too strong, especially when he uses his left arm to hold onto her.

"Bucky, I need to get up. We can't have this kind of conversation every morning" [Y/N] says chuckling, finally being able to move a few inches away from him but then she gets pulled back into his arms again, making her groan in frustration.

"I agree. That's why we should just stay here until lunchtime."

"Absolutely not! Now let go of me, I don't wanna miss Steve!"

"You don't need to go for a run. You're in perfect shape" Bucky tries to convince her, placing a kiss on her neck but she just pushes her elbow in his chest.

"James Buchanan Barnes! This is your last warning. Let me go!" [Y/N] threatens, not willing to miss her early morning run with Sam and Steve. It's been way too long since she's last been messing with The Falcon and she's ready to beat him in a new run.

"Fine" Bucky gives in sighing and opens his arms to free her.

"You've become way too soft!" [Y/N] says as she now stands in front of her bed, looking at Bucky, an amused grin on her lips.

It's been a few days since they're officially dating and yet neither Natasha or Sam have noticed anything. They never planned on just walking up to them to spill the news and everyone kept doing their own things the last few days. No one has seen Bucky and her together to notice the change in their behavior. It's been great days though, filled with laughter, cuddles and intimacy.

"I just don't like Decembers. They're depressing" Bucky answers, not even willing to think about the past Christmas Eve's and New Years Eve's that he spent all lonely, feeling not even a single spark of happiness or positivity.

His girlfriend sighs and leans over her bed to kiss Bucky softly. "A few more days and it's January, Buck. A few more days and you're so much closer to turning 101 years old."

"I hate you" Bucky chuckles and kisses her again, willing to let her go now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music is playing quietly in the background, soft conversations drowning it out as Bucky, Steve, Sam and [Y/N] stand in the kitchen, cooking together. It's New Years Eve, Natasha being gone as the group has managed to sneak her into Clint's house for a few days as a Christmas present. She left two days ago and would be coming back on the 2nd of January.

The atmosphere is relaxed, calm and yet a certain kind of sadness and nostalgia lies within it. They know that a lof of things are still wrong and that there is a lot to be fixed, not knowing when it's going to be fixed. But they still try to make the best out of it.

It's a little bit exhausting for [Y/N] to be surrounded by three men, certainly outnumbered even more than before with Natasha. There is a lot of teasing and mocking but [Y/N] manages to shoot back perfectly, not giving them an easy time.

Cooking together turns out pretty hilarious as everyone has different skills and routines, causing things to be close to a mess sometimes, turning the soft conversations into many laughter.