Part 48. Retired.

The afternoon sun is on the way to set and shines golden on this beautiful autumn day. A cool wind blows through the trees, which are slowly losing their leaves, and carries the voices from around her to [Y/N]. A smile plays on her lips as she carries the tray of tea outside before her eyes catch the lovely sight nearby. "James, please be careful!" [Y/N] calls out to her husband worriedly as she sees them running and stumbling over their own feet. The sound of their laughters carry the most beautiful trace of happiness.

Laura and Wanda smile at her and Wanda takes the tray out of [Y/N]'s hand and pours them all some tea whilst [Y/N] looks after her family. She exudes a calm and warmth that always makes Wanda feel at peace and welcome, no matter when she visits them. And sometimes, she visits them often when she's feeling sad or lonely. Vision's death is still difficult for her to endure but the time with her friends makes it easier for her to move on. And there is not a day when [Y/N] doesn't greet Wanda with a smile when she stands in front of her door unannounced. This welcoming feeling is more than pleasant for Wanda and sometimes she thinks back to the day she helped [Y/N] get back her memories. She hardly recognizes her friend then because she has become even stronger and is finally at peace with herself. Something that Wanda still has to look for herself. But she's happy to have a friend like [Y/N] that shows her what moving on can look like and she knows that Emily would be more than proud.

"Don't worry [Y/N], Uncle Steve is watching" Steve winks at [Y/N] and follows Bucky and their son that comes running to Steve with a wide smile, rushing through the leaves and playing with Nathaniel Barton.

"Talking about yourself in third-person is pretty arrogant, Rogers!" [Y/N] calls after him jokingly.

"The house is beautiful, [Y/N]. Thank you for showing us around" Laura praises and [Y/N] turns back to her guests now with a grateful smile.

"Thank you, Laura. And thank you for letting us borrow Clint so often. He was a big help" she answers while sitting down.

"He just can't sit still" grins Laura. "Before Nathaniel was born, he had promised me it would be his last job with The Avengers. And he kept his promise. Until Steve called him one day. Even though he's no longer fighting for The Avengers, he's having a hard time settling down. I think he was very happy when you asked him for help."

[Y/N] giggles and takes her cup of warm tea in her hands now. She enjoys the company and the sounds of joy and happiness that fill their home.
A warm smile lays on her lips as she lets her eyes wander along her property and she can't help the flashbacks as she thinks back to the long road they had to end up here.