Part 46. Reunion.

A/N: I know that no words can match the upcoming scene. A scene that is very close to our hearts and that still makes us cry today. Still, I have to incorporate this scene into the book and I just want to tell you that I deeply respect it. Please bear with me if I run out of words to describe something that touches us all very deep in our hearts. Rest in peace, legend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything is a chaos. The battlefield is an only mess. Fighting people and creatures are everywhere, trying to win the upper hand. Countless corpses are laying around, mostly of the enemies. It smells like dust, dirt, blood and like dead. It's a scaring scenario.
Everyone has to reorient themselves within seconds to asses their situation and all dangers around them. Right after one of Thanos' troops is defeated, two more are already attacking. It's a fight hard to win and it seems never ending. Still, they all fight relentlessly.

But still, Bucky is just looking for her in all this mess. His eyes scan his surroundings, trying to find [Y/N]. His heart is beating like crazy, his chest heavy with worry. He tries to find her in this mess of fighting people and dead bodies, trying to find a sign that she's okay. But he can't get even ten yards further without being attacked again. He's exhausted and confused.
The last thing he remembers is being in Wakanda. He remembers a scaring silence and Steve's scared face. And the next thing that has happened was a strange looking guy opening a portal, telling him and the people around him to step through and get ready to fight. He doesn't know what has happened but he knows that it must've been something big because what once was the Avengers compound is nothing but a scene of destruction now.

But Bucky doesn't give up. He fights unyielding, knowing that [Y/N] is doing the same. And he fights unyielding because he wants this fight to end and hold his girl again. It's just been minutes but it feels like he hasn't held her in months. He seeks her face, her familiar features in all this mess, never giving up fighting or searching for her.

[Y/N] fights side by side with Steve and Thor but always ends up being dragged away by new troops. After every creature she fights off, she seeks for Steve's face and for Thanos, to make sure to stop him for good this time, together with her team. She finds Thor and Steve attacking Thanos, being so close to kill him but Thanos gives Thor a knock on the head and pushes down Steve, attacking him with his fist. [Y/N] quickly fights the threat in front of her and kicks the ground to shove off Thanos from Steve, right before her friend is unconscious. Thanos heads towards the glove but Captain Marvel comes to attack him and [Y/N] quickly moves the earth to get the glove herself. But Thanos throws Carol against [Y/N] and the two woman fall to the ground. Thanos puts on the glove and lightning shoots through his arm, just like they've seen it with Bruce before. He lifts his fingers but before he can snap, Carol grabs his hand and pulls it down. An amazing energy wave is surrounding her, showing off how strong she is and yet she's using all her strength. Thanos is not only a strong opponent, he's the strongest creature she has fought against so far.

[Y/N] is ready to help but gets attacked by new troops again. In the meantime, Thanos pulls out the Power Stone and punches Captain Marvel, causing her to land on the ground further away from him. He's having a new glove with all Infinity Stones again.

Dr. Stephen Strange and Tony both raise their heads and their eyes meet when they feel the enormous power near them. Tony has an idea and he looks at Stephen questioningly. He has to make sure it's worth it and Stephen lifts just one finger, reminding him of the only time he has seen them winning. And Tony knows - this is the one time.

Before he can snap his fingers, Thanos gets stopped by Tony Stark. But way too quick, he's able to push him away. "I am inevitable" Thanos says proudly and satisfied. He snaps his fingers but nothing happens. Shocked, Thanos looks at the glove to find it empty. The Stones are gone.