Part 34. Drunk Nights.

It's late night when the party is over and the group ends up being right. Sam ends up drunk way before Natasha, who is slightly drunk nonetheless. It is more than amusing to Steve, Bucky and [Y/N] to watch them, feeling completely sober themselves.
They stay up some longer than their drunk friends and keep talking about random stuff until Steve begins to yawn as well and heads to bed, leaving Bucky and [Y/N] alone.

After some more sweet conversation, [Y/N] looks at all the empty bottles and glasses on the table and the scattered crumbs of nibbles, a slight smirk laying on her lips, a certain kind of sadness in her eyes. "What a shame we can't get drunk. It'd sure have been fun."

Bucky, sitting next to her ever since it's just been the three of them, his right hand drawing random patterns on her back, chuckles. "I'd love to see you drunk. Who knows what you'd be like."

"I don't remember it. The times I was drunk. But I remember the feeling of being dizzy and stuff" [Y/N] says while Bucky lets his fingers wander her back upwards, along her spine, his blue eyes staring at her from the side, taking in every single detail of her face until his fingers brush along her shoulder and then her neck.

"That's like the worst part about it" Bucky laughs. "Well, this and the hangover."

"I'm sure you had quite a few" [Y/N] answers, a smirk on her lips as she feels Bucky chuckle from next to her.

"I was just a typical young man." His fingers continue his journey now, brushing further until he reaches the back of her head, thumb stroking her jawline. Her gaze still lies on the table in front of her but he can feel the goosebumbs on her skin under his touch. A smile creeps upon his lips, feeling happy about the effect he has on her.

[Y/N] gets up from her seat now and takes a few empty glasses. "What a shame. I'm sure the best drunk stories happen when you get older."

"Do you wanna feel like Sam?" Bucky laughs and watches her. "What are you doing? You're not going to clean this mess now..."

"We're the only two left awake and sober. I am cleaning that mess now."

Bucky sighs and gets up from his seat as well and picks up some empty bottles. He glances at her from the side, longing to get closer to her through trust and intimacy. "I can get tipsy" he says and [Y/N] finally turns her head to look at him. The moment he meets her [y/ec] eyes, he feels blown away and loses himself briefly in their beauty. "If I drink fast enough, I mean" he continues. "It takes the cells some time to recover. It's not for long though."

A smirk lies on [Y/N]'s lips as she's trying to figure out if he's just messing with her and as usual, his eyes give him away. He's telling the truth. Bucky sees the playful spark in her own eyes and chuckles. "I know that look!" he says.

"Don't worry, Buck" she chuckles. "The amount of alcohol we'd need wouldn't be worth the two minutes of fun."

A loud laugh coming from Bucky's lips fills the room. "You have no idea how wrong that sounded" he says as he throws the bottles away and then turns back around to face her. He licks his lips as his gaze wanders from top to bottom, checking out every detail of her outfit. The only thing missing are her shoes, her bare feet touching the cold floor but she doesn't care.

A soft smile lies on her lips when she turns around to continue cleaning. "How'd you find out? That you couldn't get drunk?" she asks softly as Bucky follows her, taking the rest of the empty beer bottles.

"Haven't you tried getting drunk?" he asks and watches her pick up some stuff before they both head to the kitchen again.

"Right after I had escaped. Took me a few tries to figure out it is due to the injections. Was a real bummer" [Y/N] says and Bucky can hear a certain kind of sadness in her voice. She takes a short break as they continue to clean until she ties up the trash bag, her back facing him. Her voice is much quieter now, almost a whisper as she speaks up again. "Steve tried to get drunk, too. You know. When he thought you had died."