Part 19. Memories.

"What are you doing there?" he asks a few hours later and turns on his side to observe [Y/N] more closely. Her back is turned to him and she is leaning on her elbows, holding something in her hand that Bucky cannot see from his position. He probably fell asleep again, because when he looks out the window he sees that the sun is already high in the sky.

"I'm texting Steve that we're watching a movie. He has already asked about you. And before he shows up..." [Y/N] says, trailing off when she puts her cellphone back on the bedside table and turns to Bucky. "It would raise a lot of questions if he or one of the others find you here. Especially since you are still not wearing a shirt."

Bucky just grins cheekily at his counterpart. "I don't think it bothers you."

"I've seen a lot of shirtless men. You're nothing special, Barnes" giggles [Y/N], her voice full of sarcasm, and moves a little closer to him. Bucky may not be as muscular as Steve but he still looks just as good. But she would never tell him just to feed his ego.
A few hours have passed and Bucky had kept his word - they hadn't even gotten out of bed yet and [Y/N] wonders if this man doesn't have to go to the bathroom at some point. "You know, sooner or later we have to get up."

"I prefer later" Bucky replies and runs his hand through her hair, which has now slipped out of her ponytail after their make out-session this morning. He wishes every day could be like today. That he could lie next to a beautiful woman to be close to her and feel hear near.

"You're still not hungry?" [Y/N] asks more gently, her voice is a little quieter now that they're lying closer again.

"I just don't want to get up yet."

[Y/N] giggles again and starts stroking his arm just like she did earlier. Her gaze rests curiously on him. "What's going on, Barnes? You're such a softie all of a sudden."

"Suppression of reality. Just one more hour, okay?"

"30 minutes! Then I'm meeting up with Romanoff for training and I can't get rid of her as easily as of Rogers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on man! You can do better!" says Steve and frees Bucky from his legs, with whom he had just wrestled him to the ground. "I would say the lack of training made you weak. But [Y/N] should actually keep you on your toes." Both men get up again and Bucky wipes away the sweat with the back of his hand. "You two are still training, aren't you?"

"Of course. But she doesn't really need my help anymore." A fire of motivation burns in Bucky's eyes. He was always the stronger one of them and now Steve Rogers had wrestled him to the ground for the third time in a row. He can't let that sit on him.

"Who knows what you're really doing during your training" Steve grins cheekily at him as he goes back to a defensive position.

Bucky runs up to him and strikes with his left arm, whose attack Steve can only fend off with a groan. "What do you mean?"

Before Steve can answer the question, both men attack each other, panting and groaning, always trying to get the upper hand in the fight. A grin appears on Bucky's lips when he sees that Steve briefly loses his balance and is no longer secure on his feet. With a few movements he knocked him over and pinned his arms and legs to the floor. Rolling his eyes, Steve pushes his best friend off of him as said one loosens his grip. "You never told me much about your date."

"A gentleman remains silent. You should know that by now" replies Bucky and gets out of the boxing ring. He tosses a bottle of water to Steve and wipes the sweat off his own face with his towel.

"Then at least tell me if there will be a second date."

"Why should it?" asks Bucky confused and looks at Steve. "You're interested?"