Part 11. A new day.

It is early morning when [Y/N] knocks on Bucky's door. He opens it, wearing nothing but a pair of dark sweatpants and a black shirt. They're probably the same clothes he has worn last night and [Y/N] wonders why she hadn't paid any attention to what he was wearing yesterday. It is an usual look, she almost forgot how men in sweatpants look because, to be fair, Bucky was the last guy she has seen wearing some and that was around a year ago already. He looks so different, especially with the tired look he gives her and his long hair being all messy. [Y/N] almost regrets waking him up again but the look in front of her is kind of worth it.
"Sorry to disturb you" she says. "I was just wondering... Where's Steve's room?" She swifts awkwardly from one foot to the other, still ashamed to know nothing about this place.

Bucky chuckles and immediately forgives her for waking him up. Again. She might be the queen of sass but she's also the queen of helplessness sometimes and it's just too adorable. "It's over there" he says and points in a direction further away. "But knowing Steve, he's already up. Probably taking a run or something."

[Y/N] frowns. "Guess I'll have to see him later, then." She turns back to Bucky and eyes him up and down once more. "You wouldn't mind to give me a tour around, would you?"

Bucky sighs but can't hide the smirk forming on his lips. "Give me ten minutes" he says and pushes her away from her door to close it and get changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometime later, [Y/N] and Bucky are in the kitchen after they're done experiencing the giant building that is their home now. "What do you eat for breakfast?" [Y/N] asks Bucky.

"Anything, I guess" he answers and grabs an apple already.

"No special morning routine, then?" she asks further, looking through the fridge, wondering what to eat.

"I hope not. I don't think I can deal with some woman waking me up every morning."

A smirk forms on her lips when she turns around to look at her friend. "Where's that sarcasm coming from? I like that." She doesn't know what happened to him in Wakanda but the man opposite her has clearly changed. He's definitely more talkative and less tensed.
Bucky on the other hand, replies by rolling his eyes.

"Look who's already up" a new voice interrupts them and [Y/N] is being pushed aside by Sam, grabbing the milk out of the fridge. "Is your mood any better today?" he asks her with a smirk.

"Shove me away again and I'll show you" she threatens but earns a laugh from Sam.

"I already miss yesterday's silence" he answers. Bucky, standing aside, watches the two of them with a smirk on his lips. It's not like he doesn't like Sam but they're not really getting along either and he enjoys to watch someone else deal with him. Especially when that someone is [Y/N], who can easily hold up with him. Bucky is pretty sure they could keep on throwing comments at each other for the rest of the day if they wanted to.

"You've seen Rogers?" [Y/N] asks, deciding to not mess with Sam any further for now. Not before she had a proper breakfast. She finally grabs some cereals and snaps the milk out of Sam's hand, pouring both in a bowl.

"He's probably running. Missing him already?"

There it is again, that mischievous smirk on Sam's face, telling [Y/N] how much he's enjoying that conversation. He's always messing with her. Maybe it's because Sam didn't trust [Y/N] when they first met or all the comments she threw at him back then. But ever since Steve and him came back, he's messing with her whenever he can. [Y/N] wonders if they ever had a proper conversation. But she's sure that they have plenty of time to continue their conversation, so she just rolls her eyes. "Thanks for nothing, Sam."