1

"Mum, I'm going to see Fred and George!" Alex called, getting ready to leave.

"No, you're not! Not alone." Molly snapped.

"I'll floo straight there." She groaned. "What's going to happen to me in the floo?"

"Diagon Alley is hardly a safe place, especially for you."

"Good thing I'm not planning on wandering around the market. I'll floo directly to the boys and help them out a little." Molly didn't look convinced. "I'll either floo there or apparate there."

"Fine." Molly snapped, giving in as she always did. "Be back by six."

"I might end up spending the night. I'll crash on the couch." She shrugged.

"Alex-"

"What? I'll probably be sorting out their finances all night. Neither of them took arithmancy. They've done alright so far but they've only just started. They've got to factor their rents and promotions and they've already got mass orders from the ministry so their budgets on materials and employee salaries-"

"Alright, alright. Hermione should be coming tomorrow, so be back by noon."

"Yes mum." She said, and hurried out the back door.

"Alex, that you?"

"Yeah." She called. Fred let her in. "How's it going?"

"Rent's due in a couple days. Think we've made enough. How much do we have left over for necessities?"

"Here's your numbers. Swiped some of mum's homemade meals, though to be fair they had your name on it. That should save you some on your food money." She set down some plastic containers in the kitchen and gave them both folded pieces of papers. "You need better potions equipment, more molds for the sweets because you're getting more customers. I've already put in the orders, they should be delivered this weekend."

"This can't be right." Fred said. "Where's this extra money coming from?"

"I got you an investor. Aside from Harry."

"What does this investor want?"

"For you to keep this prime real estate."

"Like a donation?"

"You're not charity. They just want to see you succeed and bring some sort of joy in this war."

"Who?"

"Don't worry about it. They want to stay anonymous."

"First rule about business, nothing's free. Except your sister's services."

"Okay, fine. There is no investor. A friend is paying me just because and I'm giving it to you. There. Sister services. Free." She sighed. "Alright, I'm off."

"Where to? The Diggorys'?"

"Just a walk. Relax. I'll be back in the evening. Or something. As far as mum's concerned I'm here with you all day everyday."

"Why can't you just tell her?"

"Because then I'd never be allowed to leave the house. And yes I'm aware I'm technically seventeen, but she's very..."

"Yeah, I get what you mean."

"Thank you." She said. "I only have until noon tomorrow to get some fresh air. I'll see you later."

Alex walked leisurely to the leaky cauldron, and took a seat. She ordered some brandy and exploding lemonade and waited. Eventually Megan showed up to take a seat.
"How'd you get out this time?" She asked with a grin.

"Told mum I was going to Fred and George's for the day to help out."

"So you've made up?"

"Ages ago. No point in crying over spilt milk, so I suppose it's whatever." She shrugged. "Thanks Tom." She acknowledged the man who had set down their drinks.

"I wanted firewhiskey."

"Well, technically, you're underage and without parents so lemonade for you." Alex teased. Megan rolled her eyes. "Have you been to see Susan?"

"No. Heard she's staying with Hannah though."

"Yeah."

"I'm thinking about visiting this weekend. We could get Charlie and Hermione too."

"Hermione's coming over to ours soon, so I could bring her along."

"Perfect."

"You think Voldemort's return could be the biggest thing to happen this year or do you think we'll get a really incompetent DADA teacher again?"

"Well, fake Moody was a little insane, but at least he taught us well. Lupin was great, if only he could come back."

"I'd take a page out of the twins' book and skip my final year."

"Technically you've already got two NEWTs. You could get through life with that. Curse breaker."

"You need defense for that."

"You could become an unspeakable at the ministry and delve into the study of runes."

"I'd need a BATs in runes or some sort of extra training."

"Yeah, whatever. Didn't you have your careers talk with Sprout?"

"Of course I did. I want to take my BATs in Japan after I graduate. You?"

"Auror department." She shrugged.

"With Harry and Ron." Alex grimaced.

"I don't know why you act like you hate them. It's obvious you don't." Alex rolled her eyes.

"Look at the time. Shouldn't you be getting back to work?" Megan grinned and leaned over to hug Alex.

"I'll write you a letter with details."

"Use the spell I showed you." Alex told her. Megan nodded and left. Alex stayed in her seat with her drink.

Someone eventually slid into the seat opposite her.
"Alejandra." She looked up and saw Pedro.

"Shouldn't you be in another continent?"

"I'm in England for a short while."

"Oh."

"You're here alone?"

"I was with a friend." She said. "Are you staying here?"

"Yes, it was recommended." He smiled.

"By who?"

"Your headmaster, actually."

"Dumbledore? Why are you talking to Dumbledore?" She froze. "Oh no, he's not trying to recruit you to be our next DADA teacher, is he?"

"I doubt it, I was never very good in my defense classes."

"Oh, okay. Not that it mattered anyways, I'm not taking the class."

"Why not?"

"I think I'm rather good at it anyways and the past several teachers have been incompetent. Why is Dumbledore writing to you?" Pedro looked around.

"Come. There's too many people here." He said. Alex frowned. Only two other people were there, but she finished her drink and followed him upstairs. He led her to his room.

A/N- So, Pedro's in London 👀 nothing romantic, I need to stress that. Not between them. Never.

Favourite line is "First rule about business, nothing's free. Except your sister's services." Because lmfao, she's speaking to them now. There will be an explanation later on but for now, they're good.

Hope you enjoyy, x