54

As end of year tests grew close, Alex spent more and more time training with Doomie. She'd ended up taking Hermione along so they could hang out while she trained to learn to use the circlet properly. While she did that, Hermione would study up for their oncoming exams and occasionally quiz Alex.

Alex tried her best to avoid Dumbledore. It worked for the most part, but she did still see him every Friday when she headed to her appointment with Shay. He stopped her one day on her way back from a session and asked to talk.
"I'm a little tired."

"It's important." He ordered and she sat down.

"What can I do for you, Professor?"

"It's time we made some arrangements. My time draws near." He told her.

"Oh." Her face shifted from annoyance to concern.

"I understand there's some animosity between you and Harry?" She nodded reluctantly. "You need to repair your friendship."

"All due respect, but I don't think Harry and I can ever really be friends."

"He needs to trust you. It will make everything much easier down the line. He needs to understand."

"He can't understand. Harry sees things in a very black and white way. He's got his priorities. Good versus evil. There's no room for grey."

"Perhaps if I were to show him some of your memories?"

"Absolutely not." Alex glared. "I've already told you, Professor. He's the last person I want to ever see and experience my memories."

"Not even to help end the war?"

"It's not going to do that. My memories aren't vital to his fight." She clenched her fists. "You're not asking me, are you? You're going to show him no matter what I want?"

"You will need him to trust you. If you're to be a spy-"

"I never wanted that in the first place." She got out of her chair, and like the way many of her meetings with Dumbledore ended, she stormed out. She bumped into Harry at the base of the steps and glared at him.

She made her way to Snape's office, not bothering to knock or loiter as she usually did. She walked right in and saw Snape talking to Blaise.
"Oh. Sorry, I'll come back." She muttered.

"Are you okay?" Blaise asked.

"Yeah." She lied. It must have been obvious because neither of them looked convinced.

"Mr Zabini, we can continue this tomorrow." Snape said. Blaise nodded and stood. He walked over to the door and stopped in front of Alex.

"You want to meet later?" He muttered. She nodded, and he walked out. She closed the door and looked at her uncle, pale.

"He's going to show Harry." She said. "My memories. It doesn't matter what I say, he's going to show him."

"Dumbledore?" Snape asked. Alex nodded. He stood up and guided her to a chair. He grabbed a draught of peace and handed her the vial.

"He's doing it right now." Snape stilled.

"I'll be right back, okay? Stay here." He instructed before heading to his floo.

He flooed up to Dumbledore's office and saw both Dumbledore and Harry bent over the pensieve. He grabbed Harry's shoulder, and pulled him out of the memory.

"Out!" He instructed. Harry looked as though he was ready to argue, but the fury on Snape's face was deadly. Dumbledore soon came out of the memory, and nodded kindly at Harry.

"Severus." He smiled, as though nothing was wrong. Snape waited until Harry was gone.

"This is a new level of cruel." He hissed. "Has she not suffered enough? Have you not put her through enough? She keeps your secrets, and has trusted you time and again, despite her own judgement. And you not only pressure her into a life she does not want, but now you violate her like this?"

"I'm only doing what is necessary, my dear boy. You're too close to her. You can't see-"

"Don't talk about the big picture. I have dedicated my life to the big picture! She owes you nothing. She does what you ask because she believes in you, but make no mistake, I will not let her lose herself to your bigger picture." He said and stalked over to the cabinets. "I want her memories. You can give them to me or I can destroy all of what you have."

"There's no need for such theatrics." Dumbledore said and used his wand to collect the memories from the pensieve and into a vial. He held it out.

"This is all of it?" Snape asked suspiciously.

"All of her time with Voldemort."

"And what of her memories at the end of her first year?" Snape asked suspiciously. Dumbledore pulled another vial out of his collection. "Do you have any more of her memories?"

"None." Dumbledore vowed. Snape whirled away and headed to his office via floo.

Alex was sitting in the same chair, holding her legs up to her chest. He sat in the chair next to her rather than his own on the opposite side.
"I've got your memories." He told her, showing her the vials. "I'm not sure how much Potter's seen, but he won't see any more."

"You went to Dumbledore?" She asked and he nodded.

"I did. And he won't bother you about it again. In fact, I want you to stay away from him. You can go see Shay from my floo." He offered.

"Thank you."

A/N- 😳😳 Prolly won't be so hard for Snape to 💀 Dumbledore. He's just gonna have to think about this moment 😭

Favourite line is "Don't talk about the big picture. I have dedicated my life to the big picture! She owes you nothing. She does what you ask because she believes in you, but make no mistake, I will not let her lose herself to your bigger picture."