27

"This is crazy." Ginny paced. "You're Snape's niece and Voldemort's granddaughter."

"Yeah, but you can't tell our brothers about the Snape thing. Most of them know about Voldemort, but none know about Snape."

"Why not?"

"It never really came up. Besides the only people who know about Snape are Dumbledore, Snape, mum and dad, you and Hermione."

"Did Dumbledore tell you?"

"No. Actually, it was because of the events of first year. I was scared Voldemort would find his way back to the school again and I knew he wasn't there but I tried a spell. I did it with Snape. The spell would show me if any of my or my parents' immediate family was in the school. Tracking my blood. Anyways, technically since it was the memory of Voldemort and not actually his flesh and blood, the spell didn't pick up on him. It did show me Snape. And we knew he wasn't my father. Anyways, he took some days off and then went to figure it out."

"Okay my sister's uncle is my scary teacher."

"He's not scary."

"To you."

"Ginny."

"I'm not finished. My sister's grandfather is the evil bastard who possessed me. Because apparently he had a daughter once upon a time."

"Yeah."

"How did you find out about that?"

"He kidnapped me." She said. "It's where I was when I was missing."

"Oh my god." Ginny whirled around and sat beside her. "That's what happened?"

"Yeah."

"No wonder you were so on edge when you got back. Are you okay?"

"Getting there." Alex shrugged. "I'm working on it." Ginny opened her arms and wrapped them around Alex giving her a tight hug. Alex hugged her back, soothing her.

"I'm sorry. Being stuck with him- not fun, I know."

"I'm sorry you got the diary." Alex said. "I think I was the intended recipient and I think Malfoy Senior screwed it up when he put the diary with your things."

"See, this is why I thought of Malfoy when you said evil." Ginny cracked a grin and Alex rolled her eyes. "So your biological father- he doesn't know you exist?"

"I mean, he knows that I exist as a person, but not that I'm his daughter. I sort of accidentally met him once. It was weird."

"How?"

"Okay, remember that summer potions course Snape did, the summer after your first year?"

"Yeah."

"Well, that was mainly just an excuse. We were sort of getting to know each other outside of school, and Draco was there too because Snape knew him all his life. At the end, Snape was taking us home. He apparated Draco first so I was alone for a few minutes, and then Titus came. He let himself in the house and that's how I met him. It was awkward, he had no idea who I was and as soon as Snape came back, he brought me back home."

"Are you ever going to tell him?"

"I don't plan on it. If Voldemort ever found out, he'd be dead. He's safe for now. Besides, I don't need a second father." Ginny nodded. "You're taking this remarkable better than our brothers."

"How many know?"

"Ron knows, and Fred and George. Bill knows I'm adopted but not much else and Charlie doesn't know anything."

"Huh, cool. How did they react?"

"Ron got angry because I knew Quirrell was Quildemort and never told them but I think Hermione said something to him. Fred and George found out right after I kicked the guy that took me out of the store."

"Wait, who is this man?"

"His name is Thorgil Griffiths."

"And you saw him?"

"Not for the first time either. He was at the World Cup. Cedric stunned him and we ran away."

"Why is he still walking around?"

"Because Voldemort has all but taken charge." She shrugged. "It's okay. I can defend myself. You can ask the twins. Plus I've got my immunity to spells remember?"

"Yes, but, it doesn't make you invincible."

"Okay, I'm going to tell you something else that literally again only a handful of people know. Which does not include our brothers. Can you keep another secret?"

"Of course." Alex closed her eyes and willed Doomie to materialise. By Ginny's gasp, she figured the glamour was down. "Pretty." She said mesmerised and Alex laughed.

"Don't hurt my sister, Doomie. She's just going to admire you. Hurt her and I never put you back on." She said and took off the circlet. She handed it to Ginny.

"Doomie?"

"Short for the circlet of Doom. We had a bit of trouble at the start." Alex shrugged.

"Is this why Luna gave you that book?"

"Yeah. Doomie can help my magic. Makes it more powerful. It's my secret weapon. I've been training with it, trying to learn how to use it."

"And how's that going?"

"Great. It's getting easier."

"How did you get Doomie?"

"Mari led me to her. Somewhere deeper in the forest. There was this huge treasure trove. Mari wouldn't let me leave until I took some stuff, so I took Doomie and a few gems."

"Gems like..?"

"A diamond, a ruby and an emerald."

"Literal gems?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"Where are they now?"

"In my vault. Except for the ruby. We cut pieces and then sold the rest. And mum and dad have the money from that."

"Is that why mum got me all those new clothes?" Alex nodded. "That's wicked cool."

Alex laughed as Ginny grinned.

A/N- Favourite line is "Okay my sister's uncle is my scary teacher."