44

"So Granger knows?" Blaise asked the next time they met up.

"Yeah. I'm honestly surprised I kept it from her this long."

"It's been three days." He deadpanned and she shrugged.

"Exactly."

"How did she even know we were together?"

"Long story. And I'm not sure I'm allowed to tell you." He pouted. "You're not that cute. I am very serious about my secret keeping."

"Oh, I know. Believe me." She rolled her eyes and gripped the lapels of his robe, and pulled him close.

"So are we going to be talking about Hermione or are we going to be making the most of our time together?"

Sneaking around with Blaise was a lot more exciting than she expected. They shared secret smiles in public and ended up hiding in secret passages every moment they got. Alex figured they could get away with it for as long as Draco was in the hospital wing.

"Okay, I've got to go." Alex said. "Draco's getting out of the hospital wing tomorrow, at the latest and I still need to give him the healing paste for his scars."

"What makes you think you can do better than Pomfrey?" She pulled her jumper off to the side.

"See this?"

"See what?" He said, glancing at her bare shoulder.

"Exactly. Under normal circumstances, there is a scar. I have a healing paste that I use to glamour the scar. I use a temporary version, since I've had the scar too long for it to be permanently covered up. But since Draco's wound is new, I can give him a permanent version."

"You have a scar?" He asked. "What kind of scar?"

"The magic kind that doesn't heal." She said, pulling her jumper back up.

"How did you get it?"

"I was attacked by a werewolf." He looked at her, his eyes narrowed in scrutiny.

"Are you joking?"

"Nope." He stared at her. "I can hear you thinking. No, I'm not a werewolf."

"Is this why you hated Lupin?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"You're sure you're not a werewolf?"

"I think I'd remember turning into a wolf every month."

"Out of curiosity, a healthy boyfriend-like curiosity, how many secrets do you have?"

"Let me put it this way. Hermione knows basically everything about me, but even she doesn't know all my secrets."

"Really?"

"Nor do my brothers, or my sister."

"Okay. Just a baseline. Where do I rank?"

"I don't know. You're a different category. I might never tell you everything. Or I might eventually tell you everything."

"Alright."

"You're okay with that?"

"I'd be worried if you said you would tell me all your secrets. I already know you, Weasley. You keep secrets as easily as you breathe. If you'd have said you'd tell me everything, you'd have been lying."

"Fair enough." She said, before smirking mischievously. "Wanna learn more about me?"

"I thought you had to go see Draco."

"He can wait a couple minutes. Are you complaining?"

"Not at all."

Needless to say, she took a little longer getting to Draco than planned.
"Where's Pansy?" She asked.

"Torturing madam Pomfrey about my scars."

"Well, let's give her a pleasant surprise." Alex opened the balm and set the lid down on the bedside table.

"What's that?"

"Personal concoction."

"Is it safe?"

"Are you questioning my potions skills?"

"No."

"Good. And don't worry. It's been tested." She told him. "Now close your eyes. The quicker we get this over with, the better."

He closed his eyes and she scooped some out with two fingers. She gently applied it to his scars and watched them knit together.

"Here, look." She said, handing him the mirror on the table which, of course, he had.

"Woah. How did you do that?"

"I don't know if you know, but there's this thing that exists. It's called magic." He tore his gaze away from his reflection for a second to glare at her, before he was staring at the mirror again. "I don't know who's more vain. You or Blaise."

"I thought I'd never have this face back, okay?"

"Well, I'll give Pansy the balm for your chest. She can do that for you. And enjoy. Just don't tell anyone else. If madam Pomfrey asks, her potions and healing treatment helped."

"It's fine. I'll keep it." He said. "I'm not erasing what happened. I'm not going to forget what happened."

"Me neither." She fell into the seat beside his chair. "Don't worry, Potter will get what's coming to him."

"What are you going to do?"

"Plausible deniability, Draco. I'm sure karma will avenge you." She said. "I can't stand people who could do that. He almost killed you, and he doesn't care. It's like he doesn't see the value of life. What kind of person can simply kill another, or attempt to, with no shame and remorse?"

She was laying it on a bit thick, to be fair. But she needed the message to get through to him.

"I can't believe he almost killed you and practically got away with it. It's really only Snape who's done anything. He's given him detention every Saturday for the rest of the year. Starting this week, coincidentally during Gryffindor's last match of the season."

"Right, Severus."

"You should see him in class with Harry. Karma."

"What are you going to do?"

"Who, me?" She shrugged innocently. "The world has a way of righting itself. It doesn't need my interference."

"Drakey!" Pansy rushed over as she saw his healed face. Alex looked back at Madam Pomfrey.

"That's healed nicely for you." She said. "Let me check on your chest-"

"That's my cue to go!" Alex left before Madam Pomfrey could unwrap the bandage.

A/N- Favourite line is "I'm honestly surprised I kept it from her this long."

"It's been three days."