43

Alex didn't enact her plan to humiliate Harry straight away. It would have been too obvious. Instead, she spent a lot of her time checking up on Draco, reading the notes she'd made for the classes they shared out to him, or sneaking around Hogwarts, using nooks and crannies for moments alone with Blaise.

"You were right. This is fun." She said as the ducked into a storage cupboard near the charms corridor.

"Told you." He grinned.

"I'm throwing you under the bus if we get caught, though." She promised.

"I though you were the Hufflepuff and I was Slytherin."

"Oh shut up." She pushed him against the wall.

"Alex!" Alex and Blaise froze at the knock on the door. The door handle jiggled, but with her privacy spells, it stayed locked. "I know you're in there!"

"How does she know?" Blaise mouthed and she shrugged.

"Are you okay?" Hermione called. "Did something happen?"

"I'm fine." She said.

"So you're locked in a supply cupboard?"

"Get rid of her." Blaise mouthed.

"I can't." She mouthed back. "I haven't seen her in a couple days. She'll want to hang out."

"If that door opens, she'll see me." He said, whispering.

"Not necessarily. Just wait five minutes, then go."

"For a genius, you can really be an idiot. I know you're in there with Zabini. Evening." Hermione cut through their planning.

"Busted." She said, and unlocked the door. She opened it and sheepishly looked at Hermione.

"How did you know I was there?" Blaise asked.

"I can't believe you spied on me." Alex crossed her arms.

"I didn't spy. I couldn't find you, so I tracked you down. And I can't believe you were hiding this from me." Hermione waved her hand around them. "I'm taking my friend back for the rest of the day, Zabini."

"You were busy with Potter! And I'd absolutely have hexed him if I caught sight of his face, so I've been avoiding him. Not my fault if that meant you too."

"So not because you're swapping spit with Zabini?"

"Well, we agreed it was a good idea that we keep it a secret. I told him about Voldemort." Hermione stopped in the middle of the corridor.

"You did what?"

"Well, I mean. We're together now."

"Can you even trust him with that?"

"Yes."

"What happened to good friend but bad boyfriend?"

"Technically you said that. And he said, with the right person, he wants a relationship."

"You think you can change him?"

"I don't want to change him. I didn't ask him to. It's entirely his choice."

"But it's Zabini! We make fun of the girls who fawn over him."

"This was all you! You made me think about it. And now I like him and we're together so please be happy for me?"

"Blaise Zabini."

"My brother." Alex countered and Hermione sighed.

"Fine. Happy for you."

"Thank you."

"And please tell me you're not planning anything against Harry."

"You know he practically called me a slag?" Alex said. "On the train. That's why I punched him. Plus he said Draco had a better chance of turning me evil than I had of turning him good."

"He didn't... did he?"

"He did. And then he almost killed Draco."

"It was an accident. He found the spell in the half blood Prince book."

"Right, and he thought 'this is a great spell to use even though it could actually kill'. You're not helping his case."

"He didn't know what the spell would do. It was marked for enemies."

"What kind of idiot uses a spell they don't know?!"

"We've already established Harry's an idiot. He never meant to hurt Malfoy."

"He doesn't seem very remorseful. Please, I can hear him walking around complaining that he has to go to detention for almost murdering a student, not taking responsibility for a single thing. He doesn't care."

"Well, Malfoy's fine."

"Malfoy is facing permanent scars."

"You're gonna help with that, aren't you?"

"Obviously. Potter doesn't know that and just doesn't care."

"They're enemies." Hermione tried to defend but the argument sounded weak, even to her ears.

"If I had almost killed Chang, I would definitely feel remorse. If I almost killed Danny, I'd definitely feel remorse. Harry Potter is a psychopath and thinks playing a stupid game means more than facing the consequences of his action in which he almost killed a boy. Why don't people take the threat of life seriously anymore?!"

"Is this still about Harry, or is there something else?"

"You encouraged Megan to disregard her own life in order to protect me!"

"I didn't encourage her to disregard her life. She said she wanted to help you and I agreed that you needed someone looking out for you."

"Are you forgetting I'll be with Snape? Do you really think anyone's going to top that?"

"Well, I'm allowed to worry about you."

"I'm not going to let Harry off easily."

"I figured. Thought it was worth a try."

"You know me better than that. Besides, it's best this way anyways. Me actively being against him and with Draco."

"I hate that that actually makes sense."

"Can we go out? Haven't seen Kichiro in a while."

"Yeah, sure."

A/N- Hermione found them on the map lmao.

Favourite line is "Harry Potter is a psychopath."