41

"Draco!" Alex had gone straight to the hospital wing the moment she'd heard. Pansy and Blaise were already sitting beside him as she hurried in. "Oh my, you look positively horrendous." He glared up at her. "Sorry, it's sort of reflex. If I see you, my first instinct is an insult."

"Oh, leave it for once!" Pansy snapped. "He's supposed to be taking it easy."

"Sorry." Alex agreed. "You're right, there's someone far more deserving of our ire."

"Watch out, Potter." Blaise muttered. Alex nodded.

"How are you?" She asked Draco.

"Fine."

"What happened?" She asked. "Was it a duel?"

"He snuck up on me."

"What a coward." She said. "Gryffindor, my back foot."

"Isn't Potter your friend?" Pansy said, her tone challenging.

"Potter is Hermione's friend. He isn't mine." Alex shot back.

"That's true. She punched him." Draco said.

"You were supposed to keep that quiet."

"He's a little woozy on account of the potions in his system." Blaise said.

"You punched Potter?" Pansy asked.

"Well, he was being an arse." She shrugged. "And that's not the point. The point is what are we going to do to get back at him?"

"You could punch him again. Publicly, this time." Blaise offered.

"No, we've got to be sneaky and Slytherin about it."

"You're a Hufflepuff. How Slytherin can you be?"

"Both of you, stop it. Either shut up or leave." Pansy scolded and they both quietened. She turned to fuss over her boyfriend, pulling his blanket up and all. Alex and Blaise exchanged glances.

"We'll come back tomorrow."

"Get better soon Draco." Alex smiled kindly at him.

She and Blaise left the hospital wing soon, leaving Pansy to worry over her boyfriend.
"So, wanna start brainstorming our revenge?" Blaise offered.

"You read my mind." She smiled and led him upstairs.

"Let's go to the astronomy tower." He suggested. "It's cooler up there and no one ever goes up there."

"Um, I've got someplace better." She said and led him to the seventh floor.

The stairs deposited them in the east wing, so they had a bit of a walk ahead of them. They encountered Pedro on their way.

"Good evening." He stopped them.

"Evening." She smiled.

"What are you two doing up here? It's too late for classes."

"What if I said, hypothetically, we're plotting revenge?"

"I'd probably have to report you."

"Okay, then. We're looking for an empty room to snog." Pedro grimaced. To his credit, or perhaps it just spoke more to his character, Blaise slipped into the position, slinging his arm around her easily.

"Let's stick to revenge." Pedro said, trying to clear his mind of the image before him. "Revenge for what?"

"Potter almost murdered our friend." She answered. "If there weren't any teachers nearby, he might actually be dead."