9

Alex had tried to get as many of her friends to apply to the alchemy class as possible. In the end, she'd managed to get Megan and Charlie, Hermione, Daphne, Blaise and Draco. Thankfully other students (from Ravenclaw) had actually signed up of their own volition too. Not so thankfully, Theodore Nott had also weaselled his way into the class.

"Welcome to alchemy." Pedro said once everyone had settled into a seat. "I am Professor Sanchez."

"Professor dreamy." Charlie sighed and Alex grinned.

"I don't know most of you, I haven't taught any of you, and alchemy hasn't been a class at Hogwarts in almost a decade." He started.

"What are your qualifications?" Alex cut him off, raising her hand.

"I've pretty much studied alchemy my entire life. I've also done an equivalence to your OWLs and NEWTs at Castelobruxo, and I have gotten my BATs. That enough, or shall I keep going?"

"Alex, calm down." Hermione muttered. "It's been five minutes since he's been teaching."

"It's enough." She sighed and shot a glare at Hermione.

"Anyone else?" No one spoke up and he nodded. "All right, alchemy is a delicate science. Any animosity you may have with each other gets left at the door, or you can leave."

"A lot of people in here dislike each other." Alex spoke up, just to annoy him.

"Stop being mean." Hermione chided. "Ignore her, she's being difficult on purpose." Alex elbowed her.

"Alright, everyone go around the room and say your name, one thing about yourself you'd like to share with the class and why you took this class." He said and pointed at Daphne who sat on the edge of the front row table.

"I'm Daphne Greengrass, and I have a younger sister. I'm here because Alex made me." Pedro glanced once at Alex.

"Okay, honest. I like it. Next?" He turned to Charlie, who was sitting beside Daphne.

"I'm Charlotte Little and my favourite subject is transfiguration. I'm also here because Alex made me." He nodded but looked at Megan next.

"My name is Megan and my favourite animal's a dragon." Alex sent her an unimpressed look. "I'm also here because Alex made me."

"Is there anyone here that hasn't been forced by Alex to take this class?" The two Ravenclaws, Nott, Alex and Hermione raised their hands.

"Well, Alex half forced me, but I was already interested." Hermione explained.

"Okay, of course. Half the class." He said, but gestured for Hermione to continue.

"My name is Hermione Granger and..." She thought for a few moments.

"You're an explorer." Alex whispered as she struggled for a fun fact.

"And it's my birthday in a couple weeks and I'm here because I've been interested in alchemy since reading up on Flamel's philosopher's stone first year." She ignored Alex who rolled her eyes. Pedro looked impressed and looked to Alex who continued the chain.

"My name is Alex Weasley. And I'm here because I love alchemy."

"More like you love the idea of turning lead to gold." Nott scoffed from behind her.

"That's so sweet of you Nott. After all, turning lead to gold is supremely advanced and hardly any alchemists ever accomplish that feat. It means so much that you believe in me." She drawled sarcastically. "Not everything's about gold. Some of us would much rather keep our humanity intact rather than sell our souls to the highest bidder. 'Course, you wouldn't know much about that would you?" He sneered. "Anyways, where was I? Fun fact about me- I can speak seven languages."