59

Alex didn't have time to find her friends. Bill was under sensitive time. It was very unlikely that Greyback could have turned him, since it wasn't a full moon, but there was a chance. A minuscule one, but still a chance. She wasn't risking it.

She ran to the hospital wing, where Ginny and Lupin were setting Bill on a bed. She wasted no time getting to her brother's bedside, and began shoving the contents of a potion down his throat. He swallowed and she pulled out the next potion.
"Is that a mandrake restorative draught?" Ginny asked and Alex nodded. She tipped it down her brother's throat.

Nothing happened for a moment. The scar on his face began sizzling and leaking weird fluid.

"What's that?" Lupin asked. She didn't answer and walked away, coming back with a washcloth to hold to his face.

"Alex, did you-?" Ginny trailed off, realising what Alex had done. She'd made a replica of the treatment that had been given to her when she'd first turned and had administered it alongside the mandrake restorative draught to reverse any wolfish afflictions her brother may have had. When Madam Pomfrey had finally headed over, Bill was back in a deep sleep.

"That's a nasty wound." Madam Pomfrey asked. She moved away the washcloth and recognised the clear fluid leaking out of Bill's wound. "What did you do?"

"Nothing, just a little water to clean the wound." Alex said.

"She-" Lupin started and Ginny butt in.

"Professor, you have a cut on your head. You should get that healed." Ginny said and proceeded to push him to a bed a bit further away.

"You were like this, once." Madam Pomfrey said. "I remember. Severus said it was nothing to worry about."

"It wasn't. What happened to me was nothing like what happened to Bill. He was scratched by a werewolf. I've never encountered one before Lupin."

"That's your story?" Alex nodded.

"Very well." She said and let it go.

Alex glanced back once more before leaving the hospital wing.

She quickly bumped into Megan and Susan who were surrounded by five death eaters.

"Incarcerous." She waved her wand in a loose loop, and the nearest death eater fell down with binds. "Okay, four against three. I think that's a little fairer."

"We could've handled it." Megan grumbled. Another voldeminion cast a non-verbal spell, and Alex stepped in front of Susan who was in its direct path. The spell bounced off harmlessly.

Eventually the fights died down and they headed outside. There was a commotion as a group of people stood at the base of the astronomy tower. Alex stepped forward, an uneasy feeling growing in her stomach. She reached the front of the crowd and saw what had everyone so shocked. Dumbledore lay in a sickening angle, his half moon glasses cracked. After a moment, she turned away and headed back to the hospital wing.

Alex sat by her brother's bedside, watching as Madam Pomfrey dabbed at his wound and began applying an ointment to his face.

"It will scar." She told Alex who nodded.

"I know."

"I've administered a sleeping potion. He won't feel much until the painkilling potions kick in."

"Dumbledore died." Alex informed the matron. "I don't think we lost anyone else, but there are a lot of injuries."

"And you?"

"I'm fine."

"Alex!" Hermione burst into the hospital wing with Luna. She looked up at her friend.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." She pulled Alex in for a hug. "Did you hear what happened?"

"Yeah."

"What happened to Bill?" She asked, noticing him.

"There was a werewolf. He attacked him."

"Is he going to be okay?"

"Yeah. Just an ugly scar. I made sure of it." She ended in Japanese. Alex looked up at Luna. "Hey, Loony. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm alright. Thanks to Hermione."

"Sounds like there's a story there." Alex offered a small smile.

"Well, we know this works." Hermione shook the ruby bracelet Alex had once imbued with a protection charm.

Alex left the hospital wing when Harry arrived. She headed out to the forest, unable to take another moment talking about the last couple hours.

It wasn't long before her absence was noticed.

"Where's Alexandra?" Ron asked, looking around the room for his absent sister. The teachers looked around but Hermione seemed unfazed.

"She went to get some fresh air." She answered.

"Does she know?" Molly looked up at this as though just now remembering her daughter and her connection to the alleged traitor.

"She knows about Dumbledore." Hermione answered. "I don't think anyone's told her about Snape."

"Dibs on not being the one to give her the news." Hermione glared at Ron. "What? I don't want to be the one to tell her her favourite teacher's evil."

"Try to have a little sensitivity, Ronald."

"Sensitivity? Snape betrayed all of us. He betrayed Dumbledore. He betrayed Alex too." There was a silence, and Fleur continued to dab the healing ointment on her fiancé's wound.

A/N- a little anticlimactic maybe? Idk, hope you guys enjoy. Ginny's a real one, just shutting Lupin up before he can say anything to Poppy.

Favourite line is "Dibs on not being the one to give her the news."