4

The day their results came coincided with the day of Harry's arrival at the burrow. It had been a hectic few days.

The day after Hermione's arrival, Bill brought Fleur over to stay with them for a few days so they could all to get to know his fiancée. Alex absolutely wrote to Amélie after that.

Two days after that was their appointment to meet up with their friends. Alex had her brothers set up as their alibi and, though Hermione was disapproving, they never told Molly.

Then came Harry's arrival. Alex avoided him, this time because she was more hurt than ashamed. When the letters containing their results came, she stuck beside Hermione.

"Grades?"

"E in arithmancy, O in runes."

"Why did you get an E in arithmancy?"

"Marked down for attendance. I signed up late plus I started ditching after I got my memories back."

"Wait, attendance matters?" Harry looked up.

"Okay, I get that I have to put up with him because he's Ron's friend, but why do you?" She asked Hermione who took her letter.

"Because he's my friend." Hermione replied in a bored tone, scanning Alex's results.

"Why?"

"You got your two NEWTs, and eight OWLs. Nine Os and an E." Hermione ignored the jab.

"You got nine Os and an E for your OWLs too!"

"Do you know what you're going to take next year?" Hermione asked.

"You have to apply for alchemy with me. Please, Hermione. The more people that show interest, the more likely we'll get to do it."

"You're acting like I haven't already inquired into the class." Hermione grinned. "I'm interested too, you know."

"Yeah, but just to double check. I'm going to take potions too and Care. Probably Herbology too. Charms, obviously."

"Obviously." Hermione echoed with a smile.

"Transfiguration too, I think. I want to get better at it."

"Better, she says, like she's not already a top student." Hermione rolled her eyes, fondly.

"Maybe astronomy too. Magorian's always talking about the stars in relation to me. I want to be able to see it for myself one day. You?"

"The same plus defence, arithmancy and runes. But without astronomy and care."

"I think I'll leave out defence this year."

"Why?" Ron asked.

"Haven't you heard? I'm a coward and such a dangerous class will just offend my delicate sensibilities." She threw a glare at Harry and stormed out. Ron glanced at Hermione.

"Why's she snapping at me? I'm not the one who called her a coward."

"She's... going through stuff. It's like second year all over again." Hermione turned and headed after Alex.

Nothing could have prepared Alex for the sight of Pedro sitting at the dining table. She blinked thrice and tried rubbing her eyes but he was still there.
"Pedro?" She asked. He noticed her and his eyes widened.

"Alejandra."

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" He countered.

"I live here."

"Alex, sweetheart, this is Professor Sanchez." Her mother walked into the room, oblivious to the tension. "He will be teaching alchemy."

"You're what?" Alex asked.

"He will also be staying with us until term begins."

"Okay, I'm not-" she shook her head, turned on her heel and headed right back upstairs. Hermione looked up groggily as she accidentally slammed the door.

"Alex?" She groaned. The Hufflepuff budged into bed next to her.

"He's here. Pedro's here." Hermione woke up pretty quickly.

"Pedro? Possible cousin Pedro? Brazil Pedro? Avoidy Pedro?"

"And for the cherry on top of this dastardly situation, he's staying here. Till September. Because he's going to be Professor Sanchez."

"Is he teaching defense?"

"Worse. Alchemy." Hermione let out a snort. "It's not funny."

"He's your cousin and he's living here and he's going to be your teacher. It's hilarious. I'm gonna go meet him." Hermione jumped out of bed before Alex could stop her.

"Don't you dare, Hermione Jean Granger!" Alex hissed but Hermione had already left the room.

After using the bathroom and changing out of her pyjamas, Hermione headed down into the kitchen. Mrs Weasley was sitting with the stranger over breakfast. She walked forward.

"Hi." She greeted. "It's nice to finally put a face to the name. I'm Hermione."

"Pedro." He greeted back. "Though I suppose you already know that."

"Yep." She grinned widely. "I hear you're going to be our alchemy teacher."

"Will you be taking the class?" Hermione nodded.

"Along with Alex, actually."

"You two know each other?" Molly asked and Hermione shook her head.

"He and Alex do. They were in the potions contest together. I heard it was really close."

"Oh, I didn't know." Molly said. Hermione took a seat and stared at Pedro.

"Did you take alchemy?" He nodded. "Did you pass?"

"With falling colours."

"Flying colours. Are you a good teacher?" He nodded again. "What classes did you take?"

"Potions, alchemy, arithmancy, charms and astronomy."

"Hmm." She said.

"Is this a, como você diz... um interrogatório?" [how do you say... an interrogation?] He muttered to himself, trying to find the words. He didn't expect Hermione to answer.

"Sim." [yes]

"Você fala português também?" [You speak Portuguese too?] She nodded. "Does Hogwarts teach languages?"

"Alex and I taught ourselves."

"Hermione, dear. Why don't you see if Alex will come down?"

"I don't think she will, Mrs Weasley." Hermione said. "She's got her book out."

"Oh dear."

"Is- is something wrong?" Poor Pedro seemed confused.

"Her notebook. Whenever she gets it out, she pretty much disappears for days."

"I don't have to be here." Pedro said. "I do not want to inconvenience anyone."

"Oh, nonsense." Molly said.

"Yeah, nonsense." Hermione grinned, and slid out of her seat and headed back up. The moment she walked into the room, she burst out laughing.

"It's not funny!" Alex threw a pillow at her.

"It's hilarious." Hermione said. "This is the best thing ever."

A/N- Hermione is absolutely enjoying herself lmfao 😭😭 alright so Pedro's going to be a part of Hogwarts. I'm excited 😁

Favourite line is "I'm a coward and such a dangerous class will just offend my delicate sensibilities."