48

Alex and Blaise's revenge started in DADA. He wasn't present so it was on Alex to pull off this first prank. At the end of their next class, she shot a sticking charm to Harry's chair. She packed her books up slowly so she was one of the last ones to leave. She waited for Snape to realise Harry still sitting.

"Mr Potter. Is there something I can do for you?" He glanced over at her as though he knew exactly what she'd done. She headed to the door.

"No." Harry replied, struggling to get out of his chair.

"Then why are you still here when your next class is in ten minutes?" Harry opened his mouth to talk and Alex shot a silencing charm at him, rendering him mute. "Are you so eager for my presence that you can't wait till your detention on Saturday?"

By this time, she figured that she'd put him through enough, and terminated both spells. Hermione and Ron were a little further down the corridor, still waiting for Harry.

"What are you doing?" Ron asked. "And what's Harry doing in there?"

"Probably getting detention for Friday too since his Saturdays are booked. Or losing house points." She shrugged and walked away smugly.

"Oh no." Hermione headed back to the classroom to check on Harry.

"Why don't I think this is all you plan to do to Harry?" Hermione dropped in between Alex and Blaise in the library.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Alex said, and proceeded to use a spare bit of parchment to cover some designs.

"I could easily blackmail you right now. I know all your secrets."

"Correction, you know most." Alex rolled her eyes. "And you could but you won't. Because you're not Laila, and because I know all of your secrets."

"I know more of yours that you do of mine."

"That's because you only have one."

"I'm turning Saph against you." She said, and turned to leave.

"Good luck." Alex said after her.

"Who's Saph?" Blaise asked.

"Am I boring you already?"

"Just a tad." He joked and she snorted.

"I could see if Rachel Falls is still into you, if that's the case. You can have all the meaningless fun you want."

"What if I want meaningless fun with you?"

"Meaningless?" She noticed.

"That's not what I meant."

"So what did you mean?"

"That instead of setting up elaborate pranks for Potter, I'd much rather sneak into the restricted section with you."

"No need to sneak in." She said, and pulled out her restricted pass.

"How do you have that?"

"It pays to be on good terms with teachers. By which I mean Snape. It pays very well to be on good terms with Snape."

"I don't think Snape likes me very much."

"Why not?" Blaise shrugged. "He has to like you!"

"Well, he doesn't."

"Well, then, we'll just have to remedy that." She said and began packing her things away.

"Wait, what?"

"You already don't get along with my family, and Hermione, and my friends. You have to at least get along with my teacher." She said.

"No way."

"I get along with your friends." She pointed out.

"Because they're your friends too."

"I don't get it. You're a Slytherin. You're relatively trouble free-"

"Not exactly. I get detention a lot."

"Define a lot? I've only seen you in trouble a handful of times."

"Well, Nott is an utter pillock." She raised her brow unimpressed. "We sometimes, very often, get into disagreements."

"You mean with your fists?"

"Sometimes."

"So, last time, when you punched him, it's wasn't the first time?"

"Nope."

"But you stopped lately? I mean, you and I are together all the time."

"This might be a good time to tell you I have one tomorrow."

"When I'm conveniently going to be with Hermione anyways?" He nodded. "How did you even get- wait, you manipulated her? And me! You annoyed her until she demanded I spend the evening with her without you and negotiated it to Saturday."

"I'm a Slytherin." He shrugged.

"I forgot that for a second." She said. "Okay, Zabini. I get it. I'll have to keep an eye on you."

"How about you keep an eye on me in the restricted section?" He reached for her pass.

"Absolutely not!" She put it away. "Snape gave it to me on the condition that I would be responsible with it."

"And you think he expects you to keep to that promise?"

"Yes."

"Sometimes I forget that you're a Hufflepuff."

"There is a time and place to disregard rules. This is not one of those times. I use the pass for knowledge, and for research."

"Of course you do." He groaned.

"You know, detention tomorrow means you have detention with Potter." She said.

"Don't remind me."

"It's a good thing, really." She smirked. "I can finish our device tonight, and sneak it into his dorm in the morning."

"Okay. Need any help?"

"I've got it. I'll find someplace quiet and get it ready as soon as I can." She said and glanced at the clock. Her session with Shay was in an hour, so she probably had enough time to hang out with Blaise a little longer. "No reason I need to get started straight away, though."

"Are you encouraging procrastination now, Weasley?" He teased.

"I suppose if you're not interested, I could always just leave and start the work."

"I'm interested." He said quickly and she laughed at him.

A/N- I know I've been updating really late lately, I'm sorry. I'll work on it but idk. I've just been a little busy during the day.

Favourite line is "There is a time and place to disregard rules. This is not one of those times. I use the pass for knowledge, and for research."