45

Alex pulled a disgusted face as Ginny told her she was now with Harry.

"Be nice." Hermione warned. Alex's mouth trembled with the sheer determination it took not to insult her sister's new relationship.

"I know you don't get along with him, and I'm not asking you to." Ginny said. "But I'm happy."

"You coached her and told her what to say." Alex accused Hermione.

"Is it working?" Ginny asked.

"Of course, but you already knew that. But keep this moment in mind. One day, there may come a time where I'm going to tell you to remember this."

"Okay." Ginny grinned. "Yeah, alright. Thank you! Wait... are you still going to get your revenge on Harry?"

"Revenge. That sounds so... juvenile."

"Right, because you're so advanced." Hermione rolled her eyes.

"I'm just saying, if the world should happen to right itself and bring about justice, I won't be upset."

"Oh no." Ginny moaned. "How bad will it be?"

"Nothing will happen to you. So don't worry."

"Well I know that. But what's gonna happen to Harry?"

"I don't know. I don't control the universe."

"Thank god for that." Hermione breathed. Alex looked at her. "What? I love you, but you have a very skewed view of life."

"You're supposed to support me in all my decisions."

"What are we? Married?" Hermione frowned. "I'm here to tell you the cold, hard truth every time."

"Speaking of, are you getting a boyfriend anytime soon?" Alex coughed.

"Who? Me?"

"Either of you." Ginny asked. "I mean, Alex, you had one boyfriend and that was two years ago. And Hermione, you've been on two dates in your whole life."

"Um, well, Alex..?" Hermione turned to her friend. Alex glared.

"I'm not sure what's going to happen with my love life. I'm not averse to meeting someone new, I'm just not sure if it's the right time."

"Evil grandpa. Okay you've got an excuse. I guess it would have to take someone really special, especially after Cedric. Hermione, what about you?"

"Yeah, Hermione. What about you?"

"Me?" She said, and shot Alex a betrayed look. Her friend smirked as though saying 'payback'.

"Yeah. Is there anyone you fancy?" Alex asked.

"There's more to life than boys." She evaded.

"You two are boring."

A student approached them. Alex recognised Raashid.

"The head boy's graced us with a visit." She smirked teasingly.

"Dumbledore wants to see you." He told her. "I'll escort you."

"That's fine. I know the password." She said. He nodded and walked away. Alex stood up to go back.

"Alex." Hermione looked worriedly.

"It's okay. I'm probably gonna get some sort of lecture or another. As I always do."

"Be careful."

"Aren't I always?" She grinned before heading back to the castle.

Pedro was in the office with Dumbledore.
"If this is about Potter, I haven't even done anything, so I shouldn't be punished yet."

"It's not about Harry."

"So it's about my lovely family tree. What joy." She huffed and fell into a seat.

"Pedro and I were talking about his future in Emgland."

"What future?"

"He says you'll be the order's new spy." Pedro confronted.

"So?"

"You can't be a spy. You're too young."

"I'm two years younger than you, Pedro. You're hardly in a place to judge."

"It doesn't change the facts."

"What does it have to do with you, anyway?" She asked.

"Pedro will be your contact."

"I have Hermione for that."

"Having a second person knowing your status couldn't hurt." She crossed her arms.

"You have some other scheme going on, don't you?" She asked. "I don't know why I'm surprised."

"Alex-" he started, patronisingly.

"I'd like to talk to my cousin." She stood up. "Perhaps we can continue this conversation later."

She grabbed Pedro's tie and pulled him out behind her.

"You're strangling me." He told her as they reached the escalator.

"I suppose that won't do. Clearly, your brain isn't receiving enough oxygen already." She let go. He frowned, and she elaborated. "I forget English is your second language sometimes. I'm saying you're not thinking clearly. Your brain isn't getting enough oxygen and you might as well be braindead. It's the only explanation I have for you being so stupid."

"That was funny." He nodded, dryly. "Clever, really. Ha ha."

"Thanks. Your quarters, go. I'll meet you there. Have you changed your password?" He shook his head. "Okay. I'll meet you there in fifteen minutes."

She stormed off in the opposite direction and headed to her dorm. She stomped all the way to the Hufflepuff dorms. None of her roommates were there so she took the opportunity to jump onto her bed and scream into her pillow. Then, as though nothing happened, she stood back up and walked back up and headed up to Pedro's room. Enough time had passed for him to have gotten to his room without her bumping into him.

"So I'm getting the impression that you might be a little upset."

"You think?"

"Wait wait. This is, like, our first family fight." He said, as though trying to savour the moment.

"Do you need CPR? Or an oxygen mask?"

"CPR? No- enough with the metaphors, please?"

"I thought we talked about it? I thought you were going to go back to Brazil, to your friends. Where you can be safe."

"I know what you said. I heard you."

"So why are you making plans with Dumbledore?"

"Oh, boy." He sighed.

A/N- More Alex and Pedro coming up in the next part ☺️

Favourite line is "If this is about Potter, I haven't even done anything, so I shouldn't be punished yet."